M1A purchase.

Nice pre-ban Springfield with mostly GI parts just sold on ar15 EE for $1450 shipped w/ 3 preban mags...

Keep your eyes open for deals.

You are carrying too much crap. Doesn't Franco say all you really need is extra water and extra ammo- not particularly in that order?

marine20sniper-1.jpg

In your defense, Gramps was a Ssgt. with the Red Arrow Brigade in WWII Philippines. He was issues a M1918A2 but said 'no thanks' to humping that up and down the jungle mountains and opted for a M1. He had biceps like baseballs but wasn't much bigger than Franco. Those BAR's weighed 20 lbs. The M1's never failed him and he came home without a scratch despite a pretty rough time over there. Based on conversations with him about his relationship with his Captain, I think he was the coolest head and best shot of the NCO's in his company, which kept him and the M1's busy.

Personally, I think the gas system of the M14 / M1A is much more robust than the M16 / AR. Even with match chambers, I can't remember my Bula ever failing to feed and go bang. The M1 only had a a problem once when I used crusty cheap enblocs. Hell, my thumb doesn't even stop the M1 from going into battery LOL. AR's can get glitchy when dirty and in extreme cold weather if you don't use the right lube (or omit lube). I know this topic has been debated ad nauseum but if I had to survive in some sandbox or the Alaskan wilderness, I'd favor the M14 platform. It's robust and reliable like an AK but you can actually hit what you aim at.
that looks like a griffin and howe mount...and a good old weaver?

M1A " loaded " with oversized walnut stock....because a regular stock was just not heavy enough for me. Happy, happy, happy. Picked it up quite a while ago at Riley's. Had them order it special because I didn't care for the grain on the wood they had in stock. It really is the medicine ball of rifles.

If I were looking at spending 1700-2k on an M1A it wouldnt be on a springfield with a cast reciever and a mish mash of commercial parts from various sources

It would be on a Bula, LRB or other.

Complete guns can be had for 2500 and its well worth the extra coin imho
There is absolutely no downside to a cast receiver.

Well I bought it today. I got it for $1600 and traded a bunch of stuff I didnt want anymore. It didnt cost me any money out of pocket and I walked away with $400 cash.
Most of what I traded was of lower quality.

Springfield also had a "gear up" special. I get 2 more magazines and a scope base for free. They also offered 3 optics for cheap. I got a Votex strike eagle 1x8 for $215.

Attachments

• 20190209_121358.jpg
    20190209_121358.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 84
Congrats you will enjoy it. FWIW mine runs great on el cheapo wolf 145r FMJ grouping 3 inches at 100 yards.

Everyone I know who has an M1A Scout (or any MA1 for that matter) loves it. Though it's on the expensive side, I don't think you'll regret buying one. They're so reliable!

Just picked up a standard yesterday to add to my collection. Came with a black synthetic stock that I replaced with a m14 wood . Took it apart and cleaned and reoiled and greased and took it out this morning and ran a few rounds through it . Like every m1a it's a pleasure to shoot . As far as cast receivers go I've tons of ammo through Springfield armory rifles with no issues of any kind . I guess you can buy a forged receiver rifle and have bragging rights but I've had great luck with Springfields rifles so I'll just put the extra doe into ammo .

Attachments

• 20190214_152719.jpg
    20190214_152719.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 29
Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM .308 Win Kryptek Highlander Rifle - AA9613

Springfield Armory Rifle M1A Standard .308win 22" MA9102

My understanding is PSA wont ship anyting to MA, not sure if they wont ship to FFL's here either. Seems to be a pretty good deal though. Even shipped to an out of state FFL, still not bad after transfer fee and if you make a day out of it the time and gas isnt wasted.
give Brian at B&K in natick a call he gave me some nice quotes a few years ago on SAI M1a... they where actually costing more then?

give Brian at B&K in natick a call he gave me some nice quotes a few years ago on SAI M1a... they where actually costing more then?
I have a loaded already. Wouldnt mind playing around with a Socom or a squad scout but cant get myself to spend the cash. Just seemed like a decent price to me so figured Id share.

I'm looking to pick up an M1A as well, and yes the prices are pretty high, but I guess for a firearm with this reputation, you have to pay. Four Season's is running a special where you purchase the M1A or one of it's variants and Springfield Armory is offering a gear up special. You'll receive 2 10 round mags and a Generation 4 Scope mount which totals to over $265 in savings, as well as an option to purchase a Vortex Diamondback 4x16x44 scope for $215...that's a $350 scope on Optics Planet.... I'm picking mine up Friday I think!!

I'm looking to pick up an M1A as well, and yes the prices are pretty high, but I guess for a firearm with this reputation, you have to pay. Four Season's is running a special where you purchase the M1A or one of it's variants and Springfield Armory is offering a gear up special. You'll receive 2 10 round mags and a Generation 4 Scope mount which totals to over $265 in savings, as well as an option to purchase a Vortex Diamondback 4x16x44 scope for $215...that's a $350 scope on Optics Planet.... I'm picking mine up Friday I think!!
I participated in the gear up special. I got the mags and scope mount free but chose the Vortex strike eagle 1x8 instead. It retails for $500 and I bought it for $210 thru Springfield it is an excellent scope.

Springfield is offering that special, not FS.

That scope would be 2 inches inside my head if I was shooting the irons.
Yup me to and this is the first set up that I actually was looking for some LOP adjustments
I might have to go with some narrow rings and push it forward a bit still.
NWv8gpEm.jpg

Okay, so I bit the bullet and purchased the Match M1A from Four Seasons... Made up some ammo using IMR4895 from 41.5 to 43.5 at .5 increments and found that not only owning and shooting this wonderful firearm, that the 41.5 and 42.5 IMR4895 under a Nosler 168gr projectile performed way above my expectations... I can't wait to mount my new Diamondback Scope to this firearm and getting back out with some more ammo and fine tune this thing at 600 yards... What a blast to shoot...get one ASAP, you'll love it!!

Back
Top Bottom