• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1A™ SOCOM 16 CQB RIFLE

I’m not a fan. They are nice rifles and work, but for 300 yard shooting, it’s not the right rifle.
Sight radius sucks, have to Flatten my head to get a decent picture, not comfortable. The barrel gets smoking hot after 10-20 rounds. Shot groups are greatly affected.

While we are on the subject of Socoms, does anyone know if i take all the rails off of the front end of a Socom ll, will it fit in a standard stock for a Socom 16 ? Its just too farkin heavy for my liking, but i dont want to get rid of it just yet.

Personally, if I was to buy a M1A (I already own one, Match rifle, built by a Marine Corps RTE Armorer) it would be the full-length rifle. If you have the spending money for a novelty, the go for it.

Personally, if I was to buy a M1A (I already own one, Match rifle, built by a Marine Corps RTE Armorer) it would be the full-length rifle. If you have the spending money for a novelty, the go for it.
I was always partial to a full-length barrel. Don't know about .308, but .223 rounds stepping out of the 22" barrel of my Savage 110 are doing their maximum velocity as opposed to a 16" carbine. Maybe the .308 is more forgiving in terms of velocity loss.

Pretty much the only role a M1A in any variation fits in my life:
smeagal-gollom.gif

Back
Top Bottom