• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1923 Sling

mac1911

NES Member
KZdGIpfl.jpg

M1923 Sling American Made RCI Starlite AFC

Im trying to find out if my cousin still has all the photos of my great uncle. Im pretty sure I seen this sling in one of the pictures.

OK, so now that I have the 1907 down pat, ya gotta put this one out there?

What was it used for? Since you mention your uncle- M1 Garand? Why so complicated?

OK, so now that I have the 1907 down pat, ya gotta put this one out there?

What was it used for? Since you mention your uncle- M1 Garand? Why so complicated?
I want to say I seen this sling on a BAR in a photo?
I don't think its any more complicated than the m1907 just sewn up different and with a buckle or 2 on it?
From a little info I found it was going to be a replacement for the m1907 sling just in a cotton web sling material, then the basic web sling came along. You know how it goes just good enough for GI is what GI gets. The "GI web sling" as we know works and is "cheap" to make.

I want to say I seen this sling on a BAR in a photo?
I don't think its any more complicated than the m1907 just sewn up different and with a buckle or 2 on it?
From a little info I found it was going to be a replacement for the m1907 sling just in a cotton web sling material, then the basic web sling came along. You know how it goes just good enough for GI is what GI gets. The "GI web sling" as we know works and is "cheap" to make.

Yeah, the 'GI web sling' is MUCH simpler than this M1923. Interesting stuff...

Back
Top Bottom