• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M16, other guns taken from Milford man....

Can I just note that this 'news' story is only news because the anti's like scaring people.

This guy had a fight with his wife and the police came. She filed an RO. SO, because this guy owned a gun collection, what happens a hundred times a day in this state becomes news.

Can I just note that this 'news' story is only news because the anti's like scaring people.

This guy had a fight with his wife and the police came. She filed an RO. SO, because this guy owned a gun collection, what happens a hundred times a day in this state becomes news.

You may so note, if you wish, but the only people that will read it don't need to be convinced! Make that point on the article comments and it might make make just one person think about it!

I disagree this is a story because LAST WEEK, a different guy(with little or no "history") got into a verbal dispute with his wife and daughter, he took the phone away from his daughter while she was calling 911, she called again he shot her and her mother...that seems like more of a reason to publish this story rather than simply to hang gun owners out to dry...Now do any of us know all the facts on these cases yet, of course not, but there are certain similarities between the two...

One thing I find on this board that is odd is "we" will defend someone (or/and assume they set up/charges imbelished) for no reason other than they are a gun owner...Rather than looking at a case witha clean slate "we" just assume the gun owner is the good guy...That is not to say the media in MA is fair to us, but thier unfairness doesn't excuse the fact that some gun owners can do stupid $h!t sometimes...Just brouse this forum for "dumbass at the range" stories...

On the Class 3 note, are there even any transferable AK-47s out there?
Yes plenty, market is softening up a bit but last I knew they start around $15K and go up from there...

One thing I find on this board that is odd is "we" will defend someone (or/and assume they set up/charges imbelished) for no reason other than they are a gun owner...Rather than looking at a case witha clean slate "we" just assume the gun owner is the good guy...That is not to say the media in MA is fair to us, but thier unfairness doesn't excuse the fact that some gun owners can do stupid $h!t sometimes...Just brouse this forum for "dumbass at the range" stories...

I disagree with you here.. there are quite a few folks on here that are quicker to boil their fellow gun owners than a liberal moonbat would. "WHAT?! He did not have permission/paperwork/permits to have that gun he used to shoot the bastard that raped and killed his wife?!? By gawd, he SHOULD go to jail then, the law's the law!!".

Not defending dumbassery, just pointing out that all on the board is not biased for gunowners.

I disagree this is a story because LAST WEEK, a different guy(with little or no "history") got into a verbal dispute with his wife and daughter, he took the phone away from his daughter while she was calling 911, she called again he shot her and her mother...that seems like more of a reason to publish this story rather than simply to hang gun owners out to dry...Now do any of us know all the facts on these cases yet, of course not, but there are certain similarities between the two...

I find the fact that he had firearms, of any type, irrelevant to the crime he committed.

That's the point....the guns weren't used for this crime per the facts in the article. But, they were the main point of the article...they were the title of the article.

If there weren't guns to be taken away, and if he didn't have his Green Card...this wouldn't be front page news...and it won't be talked about...

It's said, but domestics happen all the time...it's a shame that we only wake up to them when they start talking about arsenals. I would hate to see what they say if they saw most of the people's safes on this board...

I disagree with you here.. there are quite a few folks on here that are quicker to boil their fellow gun owners than a liberal moonbat would. "WHAT?! He did not have permission/paperwork/permits to have that gun he used to shoot the bastard that raped and killed his wife?!? By gawd, he SHOULD go to jail then, the law's the law!!".

Not defending dumbassery, just pointing out that all on the board is not biased for gunowners.

I think we would all like to feel that gun owners are generally more responsible and I do believe this is true. However, every group has some nuts and hot-heads in it.

It does make you wonder if he was really physically assaulting her how she managed to make the call. It may very well have been just a loud argument with possibly threats made and they got scared and called the police. It will be mostly a case of he said, she said and what the children say.

We don't do ourselves any good by doubting the reported facts in domestic abuse cases.

Unless the facts are totally wrong and the kid didn't really try to call the cops, etc. etc., it just looks bad.

Some guys really do lose their cool. It's just completely dumb if you've got so much to lose.

Anyone with a LTC should be on high alert against this sort of stuff and recognize opportunities as the incident develops to STOP and ratchet down the emotion and the confrontation.

Those who don't pretty much deserve what they get (IMHO). There's an awful lot to be said for 'self control'!

We don't do ourselves any good by doubting the reported facts in domestic abuse cases.

Unless the facts are totally wrong and the kid didn't really try to call the cops, etc. etc., it just looks bad.

Some guys really do lose their cool. It's just completely dumb if you've got so much to lose.

Anyone with a LTC should be on high alert against this sort of stuff and recognize opportunities as the incident develops to STOP and ratchet down the emotion and the confrontation.

Those who don't pretty much deserve what they get (IMHO). There's an awful lot to be said for 'self control'!

The reported facts in the OP did not mention physical assault against her or the children which is why the question was raised not just by myself but others.
Yes, there is alot to be said for self control but we have no idea what has been going on in that household and for how long. Also women can and do start altercations with their spouses.

MGL c. 140 s. 131:
(o) No person shall be issued a license to carry or possess a machine gun in the commonwealth, except that a licensing authority or the colonel of state police may issue a machine gun license to:

(i) a firearm instructor certified by the municipal police training committee for the sole purpose of firearm instruction to police personnel;

(ii) a bona fide collector of firearms upon application or upon application for renewal of such license.

someone, obviously, testified to this man's character.

to me, though, it appears to be one tax-feeder to another. doesn't count for much.

On the Class 3 note, are there even any transferable AK-47s out there?

yeah there are lots of AKs that were converted prior to Black Monday (May 9th 1986) and a lot of them are Polytech chinese type AKM type 56 guns. My buddy has one and its a nice one. Most of the transferable AKs are in the 15 to 18K range now depending on where you go. Subguns.com has some from time to time. The M16s are anywhere from 9K to 18K depending on if its an original Colt or an AR conversion. Either way the guy may be out a ton of money and the Green card (MG license) will be tough to get back depending on the circumstances.
As a Machine Gun license holder and NFA collector myself, I can tell you that within a few short seconds a whole lot of money, time and hard work can come to a SCREACHING, FREAKIN halt. Because like a MA class A license holder, the MG license holders are some of the most law abiding, friendly people out there. We HAVE TO BE........ I hope the best for the family.

Rob

Last edited:
On a side note...this has me thinking that I should look into getting my green card. I'm in Milford and I was under the impression that the chief would not issue them.....

I considered getting a green card, but isn't a legal machine gun in MA CRAZY expensive?

Not that I have first hand experience, but as I understand it, the transfers are a 200.00 tax and the actuall items can cost as much as a new car!
And depending on what town you're in, you might have to juggle running chainsaws blindfolded, naked, while swimming amongst sharks with frikken lasers!

I considered getting a green card, but isn't a legal machine gun in MA CRAZY expensive?

As others have stated, MG cost no more in MA than they do any other state. Unless you you consider the $100 MG green card "extra expensive", but considering the cheapest MG outis about $3000, the $100 really isn't a but a drop in the bucket...

If you want MG's get them no need to waste any time, no matter what they aren't getting any cheaper....

On a side note...this has me thinking that I should look into getting my green card. I'm in Milford and I was under the impression that the chief would not issue them.....

When I renewed my LTC, the LO actually suggested that I should get my MG license. You usually want to have a C&R license to back up the bonafide collector part.
Quite a different reaction than my friends got in towns where they ask for a physical and don't issue unrestriced Class A's.

As others have stated, MG cost no more in MA than they do any other state. Unless you you consider the $100 MG green card "extra expensive", but considering the cheapest MG outis about $3000, the $100 really isn't a but a drop in the bucket...

If you want MG's get them no need to waste any time, no matter what they aren't getting any cheaper....

Owch....okay not for me then. It's not worth $3k minimum for something with which I will rarely shoot at the range for some fun.

Last edited:
The reported facts in the OP did not mention physical assault against her or the children which is why the question was raised not just by myself but others.
Yes, there is alot to be said for self control but we have no idea what has been going on in that household and for how long. Also women can and do start altercations with their spouses.

I understand that women can start altercations, but I would like to think that if it were me, I would stop the escalation short of a police report by walking away if necessary.

Risking your LTC and entire gun collection requires more self restraint than it appears was exercised in this case, even with the 'facts' we do have.

I just don't believe these issues should get to a call to the cops if people are sober and using common sense.

It wouldn't matter. She could easily wait for you to go to work the next morning, visit the police station to file charges and then stop at the District Court to take out an ex-parte (behind your back) 209A restraining order against you. Happened to my friend's brother. He was about 5 towns away at work and didn't know about it until he was served with the RO and summonsed into criminal court on the domestic A&B charge.

Owch....okay not for me then. It's not worth $3k minimum for something with which I will rarely shoot at the range for some fun.

No Prob, to each his own...all depends on what you like...me I'll happily put another 100,000 miles on my truck if it means I can afford another MG, because once you catch the NFA bug it only gets worse...[smile]

You can buy a really nice boat or you can buy a good, interesting machine gun. Take your pick, the price is nearly the same. -But machine gun feeding costs more than boat maintenance:p

You can buy a really nice boat or you can buy a good, interesting machine gun. Take your pick, the price is nearly the same. -But machine gun feeding costs more than boat maintenance:p

I don't know about that. Boats are a bitch to maintain. And don't forget about slip costs which range from $10/ft per month in the boonies to $40/ft per month in suburban ring areas. Inside Boston, forget about it...

I don't know about that. Boats are a bitch to maintain. And don't forget about slip costs which range from $10/ft per month in the boonies to $40/ft per month in suburban ring areas. Inside Boston, forget about it...

And I doubt you will find a boat you can buy, beat to the hell out of it, and then sell it for way more money than you bought it for...

Like I said "If you want MG's get them no need to waste any time, no matter what they aren't getting any cheaper...." that entry level $600 NIB M/11 I bought 10 years ago is now that $3000 used entry level M/11...but for $600 today I can still go buy the virtually the same $600 canoe I bought 20 years ago...

If you'r into boats, buy a boat, if your into motorcycles buy a motorcycle, if your into MG's buy an MG...just remember if you want a $3000 MG buy one now, because give it a year or so and they won't be $3000 anymore, but you'll still be able to get a $3K boat/motorcycle...

Back
Top Bottom