• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M16 Blows up in Kids Face...

OK before anyone starts flaming the title is the name of the vid. even though it is clearly an AR15 or if it was a 16 then this was one expensive range trip...

HA HA HA Keep slapping that forward assist dumbass that will solve the problem... This make me laugh out loud every time I watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
oldie but a goodie

taps forward assist then charges the handle..........Moron
Continue to slam on forward assist.....moron
3 bad primers nah i don't think so.........moron

learned a valuable lesson

Yes this video is really old, but I would have loved to see more of it and the damage to the lower itself. You can clearly hear then talking about loading these, and my guess is that they were hand loads and that last round was way over pressure. Not to sure though why he would keep trying to slam the forward assist like that.

Charles.

that's why u wear eye protection...always. Guy in red shirt is lucky he is not blind now. Shit can fly way behind you!!!

Didn't fire? Obviously a bad primer. No need to check to see if you actually had a primer strike. [rolleyes]

And yeah, what's with slamming the forward assist before charging the handle? Maybe he thought it works like a Super Soaker; you gotta pump it up first.

The one upside was that everyone had their eyes and ears on and nobody got hurt.

Well he did use the SPORTS method for a failure to fire according to how the Army instructs.

Slap the magazine to ensure it is seated
Pull the charging handle to the rear
Observe the ejected round and then look to ensure the chamber is clear
Release the charging handle
Tap the forward assist
Shoot....squeeze the trigger

Looks like he did that on the last attempt which ended up in the weapon exploding

I think he had a round stuck in the barrel tha caused it.....but he was definately not "tapping" the forward assist.....he was hammering it.....one simple tap is enough to ensure the bolt is all the way forward. Also....the SPORTS method is for combat.......at a range I would have stopped to inspect the ejected round to see if the primer was struck and then also checked the barrel for a lodged round....he's at a range afterall not in combat.

Last edited:
OK before anyone starts flaming the title is the name of the vid. even though it is clearly an AR15 or if it was a 16 then this was one expensive range trip...

HA HA HA Keep slapping that forward assist dumbass that will solve the problem... This make me laugh out loud every time I watch it.

somewhere a Russian with an ak laughs maniacly at this video with his curly mustache.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes this video is really old, but I would have loved to see more of it and the damage to the lower itself. You can clearly hear then talking about loading these, and my guess is that they were hand loads and that last round was way over pressure. Not to sure though why he would keep trying to slam the forward assist like that.

Charles.

The way he kept slamming the charging handle or forward assist, I'm wondering if he wasn't using the wrong caliber. Maybe he had a gun chambered in .223 and tried to fire a 5.56 out of it, and the barrel wasn't rated for it or had severe metal fatigue.

Last edited:
The way he kept slamming the charging handle forward, I'm wondering if he wasn't using the wrong caliber. Maybe he had a gun chambered in .223 and tried to fire a 5.56 out of it, and the barrel wasn't rated for it or had severe metal fatigue.

Others have already brought up the likelihood that the prior round was a squib, leaving a bullet lodged in the barrel just forward of the chamber. The point of the bullet was being jammed into the back of the stuck bullet until something finally gave and the round chambered. Pull the trigger, and BOOM, byebye upper. Putting 5.56 in a .223 gun probably won't cause a catastrophic failure like this as the pressure isn't THAT much greater.

Looked to me like it fired out of battery. He had to manually extract the last case from the first mag. Then several FTFs in a row. Beat on the FA then boom. Possible neck separation and repeated hammering on the forward assist drove the cartridge far enough into the chamber to fire the round without being fully locked into battery.

Back
Top Bottom