M1 Garand Megathread

First you wait for them to acknowledge they received your order
Second you wait for the order verified date
Third you wait for the order created date
Fourth you wait for the charge to hit
Fifth you wait for a tracking number - I am here.....

Thanks I have some waiting to do.

If you order a rifle do they note your account that you ordered and the wait begins till they charge your CC. Or is there no entry till they charge your CC? Sent an order last week so the wait begins. Just got done waiting 7 months for my German Shepherd pup in Feb.
Cmp says 6-8 weeks before order confirmation. Then as they get ready to asign a rifle to tour order Estore Account will see some activity.

I'm happy but not blown away. Got a 1955 SA which fills a gap I had. The pros are correct, probably originally barrel, op rod, trigger assembly minus the safety. The bad are HRA bolt and a new cmp stock. The other one 1mil range SA mixed master that sits in a GI stock. I'll post some pics later will need help figuring out the stock. Has a faint cartouche maybe RIA and O.G. stamp. Also had an interesting repair tag still on it.

4 months and change is what it took. I have ammo orders from November that are still processing.
Hope the ammo does not turn out like the 22lr aquiila mess 10 years ago?
Wait a year then get maybe 5% of your order. What a mess that was
Its to bad CMP had not found a manufacture state side (at least pre election/covid mess) to produce a M2 equivalent to PPU or S&B that was competitive. Not long ago I was buying PPU 500 rounds in a ammo can for 67cpr shipped ....

Hope the ammo does not turn out like the 22lr aquiila mess 10 years ago?
Wait a year then get maybe 5% of your order. What a mess that was
Its to bad CMP had not found a manufacture state side (at least pre election/covid mess) to produce a M2 equivalent to PPU or S&B that was competitive. Not long ago I was buying PPU 500 rounds in a ammo can for 67cpr shipped ....
Those were the days

Really 10s , figured minute of black to qualify . They definitely dont wont tired old rifles/shooters on the range anymore. i get it. Need to keep shots on target safety, equipment
qualify at 100 for 200, then at 200 for 500, then out to 1000, so it ramps up pretty fast. Electronic targets and they don't want you putting rounds into the frame.

You only get 5 shots to do that? Or is it 5 out of how many? I hope they allow sighters.

'Clean' targets (10 in the 10-ring for a stage) for Garand competition are extremely rare, even at the national level. That's a pretty rough qualification for iron sight service rifles.
It's 5 out of 5.
But with electronic targets you can just keep trying until you get it, one 5 round group after another. Get a flyer on the third round, cler the target and start over. When you finally get it, just let the RO know and he punches you ticket. The target I posted was my best of the day, they didn't start out nearly that pretty.

It's 5 out of 5.
But with electronic targets you can just keep trying until you get it, one 5 round group after another. Get a flyer on the third round, cler the target and start over. When you finally get it, just let the RO know and he punches you ticket. The target I posted was my best of the day, they didn't start out nearly that pretty.
Gotcha- that's a little more reasonable.

At the Camp Ethan Allen New England Games, with either my K31 or Bula M14 I had a string of 5 sighters in the 10-ring then proceeded to shoot 10's for score. At one point beyond 10 shots the guy scoring for me hinted I could count some of the 'sighters' for score. Wasn't sure I could do that and kept shooting, hitting a 9 on my 15th and last shot. If I shoot a clean with an M1, it will be at least partly by random luck. Only 5 in a row is still very tough, but attainable.

It's 5 out of 5.
So is this to shoot at the park or do you have to do this for events also?

qualify at 100 for 200, then at 200 for 500, then out to 1000, so it ramps up pretty fast. Electronic targets and they don't want you putting rounds into the frame.
I know they have pulled people off the line for beating the crap out of the frames at the Vermont Travel Games.

Those distances seem odd. I get the sort it out at 100 first, but the jump from 200 to 500 then 1000 doesn't make sense. High Power, Vintage Sniper, etc. use 300 and 600. 200 to 300 is not a big deal, but 600 does require some skill and good equipment. Also, with the 6.5 Creedmoor AR I can ding plates out to ~700 with almost boring repeatability if I have good DOPE. IMHO, 1000 starts getting 'real' and being able to hit the 10-ring at 500 is not really a good indicator of 1000 yard skills.

I wonder if the qualification is by person only, not person and specific rifle. I'd just shoot the AR 6.5 or at least the 1941 USMC sniper clone to qualify, then shoot whatever.

I know they have pulled people off the line for beating the crap out of the frames at the Vermont Travel Games.

Those distances seem odd. I get the sort it out at 100 first, but the jump from 200 to 500 then 1000 doesn't make sense. High Power, Vintage Sniper, etc. use 300 and 600. 200 to 300 is not a big deal, but 600 does require some skill and good equipment. Also, with the 6.5 Creedmoor AR I can ding plates out to ~700 with almost boring repeatability if I have good DOPE. IMHO, 1000 starts getting 'real' and being able to hit the 10-ring at 500 is not really a good indicator of 1000 yard skills.

I wonder if the qualification is by person only, not person and specific rifle. I'd just shoot the AR 6.5 or at least the 1941 USMC sniper clone to qualify, then shoot whatever.
I could be remembering the distances wrong. I know I passed at 100 to shoot at 200 and then couldn't make the next step. The longest range was 1000. But I was shooting off the shelf CMP rifles so I wasn't expecting to get out too far. Next time I bring my M1A Match

I could be remembering the distances wrong. I know I passed at 100 to shoot at 200 and then couldn't make the next step. The longest range was 1000. But I was shooting off the shelf CMP rifles so I wasn't expecting to get out too far. Next time I bring my M1A Match
That's still pretty good for off the shelf. Many won't hold the black at 100 without some 'tuning'.

My wife just signed for it. She told the fed ex guy she was "arming up" LMFAO......
Back when I was getting C&R stuff alot more often the fedex guy after delivering several to me says....wtf is the cmp I have delivered like 15 if these today.
I opened the box to show him.
He laughed and said in his heavy accent
America Great f***ing Country, last time I seen him was about 5 years ago and he was waiting for his first M1. Now its a different driver every delivery here.

Back when I was getting C&R stuff alot more often the fedex guy after delivering several to me says....wtf is the cmp I have delivered like 15 if these today.
I opened the box to show him.
He laughed and said in his heavy accent
America Great f***ing Country, last time I seen him was about 5 years ago and he was waiting for his first M1. Now its a different driver every delivery here.
We have different drivers now too, but our former regular driver was a gun guy and said it made him happy to be delivering boxes of ammo and CMP rifles.

We have different drivers now too, but our former regular driver was a gun guy and said it made him happy to be delivering boxes of ammo and CMP rifles.
At the height of my HXP ammo buying days the old driver would back down to my truck and load it right in the bed. I gave him some wooden crates when they shipped it like that.

On closer look my stock does appear to have a cartouche, just very faded. Also crossed cannons. Do we think this could be a correct stock?

Attachments

• PXL_20210407_170014313.jpg
    PXL_20210407_170014313.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20210407_170029022.jpg
    PXL_20210407_170029022.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210407_170118901.jpg
    PXL_20210407_170118901.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 19
Well, I'm pretty happy. I got a June 1945 receiver.

Attachments

• 20210407_142030.jpg
    20210407_142030.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210407_142026.jpg
    20210407_142026.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210407_142013.jpg
    20210407_142013.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210407_142002.jpg
    20210407_142002.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 22
Nice perfect shooter!
For what a New Barrel and stock Cost the fieldgrade specials are a good deal IMHO for a shooter for someone wanting to jump into JCG as issued matches.
Also a good use for ugly receivers
I missed the chance to snag one even through. Can build one myself.
I ordered another service grade to put in the back if the safe for future needs.

Back
Top Bottom