• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Garand Megathread

Got my email a couple days ago. No CC hit yet. Always exciting! Wife is home on maternity leave, this could be tricky! 🤭
I got this
Buy something for the kid that require assembly and comes in a long thin box, keep this in your car.
When the gun comes, run outside and bring in both boxes. Tell the wife it's surprise but you have to assemble it. Tell he no looking.
Take the boxes to the garage, basement, whatever, put the gun away and assemble what you bought.
Bring out the "surprise". You're the greatest dad to be there is.
Later when you take out the Garand and she ask what it is, well it's just a old rifle you've had forever and you just felt like taking out for a spin. [devil]

Anyone need some garand parts and tools? I have some unneeded stuff that I pulled out of the basement today. Would let go cheap to someone who will use it. PM me.

Clymer 30-06 go/no-go gauges
Garand gas cylinder go/no-go gauges
AmmoGarand trigger release tool
Replacement spring kit
CMP upper hand guard pliers
Brass gas plug removal tool
GarandGear “gunny paste” stock sealer
Brownells M1/M1A bolt assembly/disassembly tool
En Blocs - 2 & 8 round (+/- 10 clips)

... maybe some more stuff as I dig out...

Can’t ship the following, would need to coordinate a meet:

50ish SR-1 targets on heavy paper from Creedmoor (100yd reduction of a 200 yd target)

Greek return bayonet - like new

Will also be listing PPU & S&B ammo soon.

will move to WTS if mods don’t want this here.

View attachment 467545View attachment 467546
I'll take the enblocks.....

i hope it is not a fraud upon topic - but, can anybody comment of what is the current consensus about doing a .308 conversion on the m1 garand?

Have any if you ordered ammo? I put in a order jan 13 it went from pending to processing mid Feb and nothing yet

Have any if you ordered ammo? I put in a order jan 13 it went from pending to processing mid Feb and nothing yet
Ammo only order placed 1/8/2021, just shipped Friday (same day my credit card was hit). Was processing till then

I ordered some 357 mag ammo on 1/8 and it still hasn’t shipped. But based on cathouse’s post, mine should be shipping this week...I hope.

My order for 2 special rack grades went from open to processing today......
Hoping for a credit card wack and a ship shortly. CMP recieved order on 11-2-20.

im right at 7 weeks from when USPS tracking says my ordered was delivered....so thinking DBU should be coming next 2 weeks or so.
Still no ammo from a order date of 1/13

nice, but 5 shots ?
You have to put 5 inside the 10 ring to qualify for the next longer range. This was at 200, I just couldn't keep it inside the 10 so no 500 for me. But that was straight from the store to the range.

You have to put 5 inside the 10 ring to qualify for the next longer range. This was at 200, I just couldn't keep it inside the 10 so no 500 for me. But that was straight from the store to the range.
Really 10s , figured minute of black to qualify . They definitely dont wont tired old rifles/shooters on the range anymore. i get it. Need to keep shots on target safety, equipment

You only get 5 shots to do that? Or is it 5 out of how many? I hope they allow sighters.

'Clean' targets (10 in the 10-ring for a stage) for Garand competition are extremely rare, even at the national level. That's a pretty rough qualification for iron sight service rifles.

If you order a rifle do they note your account that you ordered and the wait begins till they charge your CC. Or is there no entry till they charge your CC? Sent an order last week so the wait begins. Just got done waiting 7 months for my German Shepherd pup in Feb.

If you order a rifle do they note your account that you ordered and the wait begins till they charge your CC. Or is there no entry till they charge your CC? Sent an order last week so the wait begins. Just got done waiting 7 months for my German Shepherd pup in Feb.
First you wait for them to acknowledge they received your order
Second you wait for the order verified date
Third you wait for the order created date
Fourth you wait for the charge to hit
Fifth you wait for a tracking number - I am here.....

Back
Top Bottom