M1 Garand Megathread

wow the prices. back in the day i paid under $300 total for both my m1 carbine and garand. could of got a minty 03a3 for $75 but i did not because i am a lefty: regretting
My fist CMP garand cost me $125, it was in great shape and not a rebuild, and an IH. Really miss that one.

Is that possible in the land of the 'rona?
I think you have to make an appointment.
If you do, leave time to shoot at the marksmanship center, that place is awesome and they give you a pass with your purchase.

Gee, travelling back through NY with 8 "assault rifles" could be trouble! [rolleyes]
Nothing the CMP sells fits anyone's definition of AW. They are all fixed mag and under 10 rounds. except the m1 carbine

Gee, travelling back through NY with 8 "assault rifles" could be trouble!

Nothing the CMP sells fits anyone's definition of AW. They are all fixed mag and under 10 rounds. except the m1 carbine

Even Maura Healey, our attorney general who channels Josef Stalin with every decision she makes regarding guns? And she looks more like him than any woman I've seen, especially if you drop his mustache and about 20 pounds. ;)

I was fortunate enough to have been able to buy one from the last runs of the CMP "Special" M1's . What an absolutely gorgeous rifle . Think I paid $1030 back in 2014 , short money for the outstanding quality of rifle you get . I have a huge admiration for our WWII servicemen whom carried the M1 , shooting one is such an awesome nostalgic experience !

The FAQ? I'm sorry, not familiar with that abbreviation. What I received that what I've heard called the DBU, or "Don't Bother Us" which essentially acknowledges receipt and the beginning of the fulfillment process. Was received on 11/23, for time line reference.
You should be in next three days since I mailed mine a couple days before you...

So I made a little side money and did a CMP order
1 service grade M1 SA/HRA
1 Daisy 853 10m target air rifle
1 some more CS (lapua components ) 308
1 CS match 223
1 some pellets
CMP states 4-6 weeks for order confirmation and aprox 6-12 weeks for delivery. Not sure if the 4-6 6-12 is combined or 6-12 weeks after order confirmation.

i figure get the order in if the run out so be it if not I have another M1 to put in rotation
Same with the ammo. Its same price ad pre covid and if they run out before my order is pulled , o well. I will have some extra cash to stock up on reliading supplies come fall 2021 speing 2022

The FAQ? I'm sorry, not familiar with that abbreviation. What I received that what I've heard called the DBU, or "Don't Bother Us" which essentially acknowledges receipt and the beginning of the fulfillment process. Was received on 11/23, for time line reference.
DBU is code for hurry up and wait!

Does anyone know of a good place to buy clips. I kept putting off buying some from CMP and now I don’t see any offered in their e-store. I found another place online that sells them for about a dollar per clip but then read they don’t ship to Mass. I really don’t want to spend 7-9 dollars per clip at places like midwayusa. Thanks.

PM me if you're looking for a place. I know a guy who I have bought from before - he's more expensive though than the Ammogarand place that was posted previously in this thread.

Since this is the Garand thread.................

I bought one of these a few years back , still haven't had the time to actually take it out an shoot it though. I have the enbloc clip fed version.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy clips. I kept putting off buying some from CMP and now I don’t see any offered in their e-store. I found another place online that sells them for about a dollar per clip but then read they don’t ship to Mass. I really don’t want to spend 7-9 dollars per clip at places like midwayusa. Thanks.

I have a bunch if you're still looking

Glenn's in North Reading used to sell them for about a dollar or two each.

FYI AmmoGarand (PackRats Collectibles) has enbloc clips in stock again. Recently order some from him; order placed at 11:55 AM shipping notice (shipping to MA) received 12:05 PM (10 minutes later). Love dealing with this guy, 26 yr army vet.

ETA: $1.25 to $.95 per clip depending on quantity. $55.95 for 50 sets of clips and cardboard bandoleer repack inserts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom