M1 Garand Megathread

The last was the floor sweepings loose in rusty cans, then there was a few runs here and there but I think about 5 years ago.
Jesus christ it was that long ago?? [laugh]
The last HXP ammo I bought was the spam cans with 192 rounds on bandos etc. Man how time flies.

Jesus christ it was that long ago?? [laugh]
The last HXP ammo I bought was the spam cans with 192 rounds on bandos etc. Man how time flies.
You should have bought more,
When I first started buying ammo from cmp 4 can crates shipped at .28 cent rd. Wish I kept more of the crates. Only 2 where in good shape.
I did not notice how much HXP I was shooting back then. I have a decent supply left but not as much as some people. I did sell a good amount to fund a few projects back in the last ammo shortage.

The last was the floor sweepings loose in rusty cans, then there was a few runs here and there but I think about 5 years ago.

They would haul some HXP to the New England Games. Bought a case of boxed at the 2019 match, or maybe it was 2018. See- you need to get your ass up there next time. IIRC, the OCSA club stock of ammo came from the New England Games or perhaps Butner.

They would haul some HXP to the New England Games. Bought a case of boxed at the 2019 match, or maybe it was 2018. See- you need to get your ass up there next time. IIRC, the OCSA club stock of ammo came from the New England Games or perhaps Butner.
What I heard through grape vine is CMP had HXP in reserve for games and clubs. Hanson got a small order in not long ago but was limitted to amount. Then they bought PPU from TSUSA as it was cheaper

You should have bought more,
When I first started buying ammo from cmp 4 can crates shipped at .28 cent rd. Wish I kept more of the crates. Only 2 where in good shape.
I did not notice how much HXP I was shooting back then. I have a decent supply left but not as much as some people. I did sell a good amount to fund a few projects back in the last ammo shortage.
I’ve still got ~400 rounds PPU, ~300 rounds of that HXP on clips from cheaper than dirt many years ago, and the sealed spam can with 192. I dont shoot it much lol.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy clips. I kept putting off buying some from CMP and now I don’t see any offered in their e-store. I found another place online that sells them for about a dollar per clip but then read they don’t ship to Mass. I really don’t want to spend 7-9 dollars per clip at places like midwayusa. Thanks.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy clips. I kept putting off buying some from CMP and now I don’t see any offered in their e-store. I found another place online that sells them for about a dollar per clip but then read they don’t ship to Mass. I really don’t want to spend 7-9 dollars per clip at places like midwayusa. Thanks.

Try the CMP forums if you don't want to go the Midway route. However, I highly recommend buying some Aggressive Engineering clips to ensure you have something that will give you good service. Also get a sled (single load device)

I'll be giving some away on the Winter Warrior postal match thread. Random drawing, one entry per proper target submitted. Scores are for bragging rights.

Winter Warrior 2020 - 2021 Postal Match for Iron Sight Military Rifles

So far participation is pretty slow, so odds are good.

I still have about 2500 rounds of PPU and 200 of the Creedmore I just got from the CMP.
I am nervous at 2700 rounds. Sad

Creedmoor .30-06? The ammo made from Lapua components? When did you get those? I've been looking and didn't see them currently available.

cmp forum, mid way is out of stock but 5 for $8

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everyone. I think I need to buy reading glasses first. I thought the midway price was for each clip and not a pack of 5.

Here is where I get mine from. They go for as little as 95 cents each in quantities of 50 but they are currently out of stock.

Eric at GaradGear still has some in stock for about 2 bucks apiece.

ETA: Both ship clips to MA, just not ammo.

Last edited:
Ammogarand is the site I was looking at buying some from but they show a restriction to Mass residents for magazines/clips
I see what you are looking at, but that might be for magazines only. If not, then that’s something new since I bought 50 clips from them in May of 2018 and they had no problem shipping them to me in MA. I’m pretty sure Eric at Garand gear will ship to MA, and he’s the only one that I’m aware of with enbloc clips in stock anyway.

I just sold the last of my HXP for 78 cents per rd (in unopened spam cans). I could have gotten a little more i think, but the guy took it all.
No idea what I paid for it years ago.

Still have a case or 2 of Danish, which i always liked better.

I might be able to scare up some enbloc clips.

Heck thats cheaper than the last run of cmp loose 200 round in a can! IIRC cmp got .82cpr for the loose stuff. Then had the run on danish tins.
i stopped buying cmp ammo once it was more than PPU

It's on my new year resolution to hit the range more often, I've only gotten out a handful of times in the past few years. I have 1 Garand I bought from CMP about 10 years ago, it's dated to 1951 as I recall. Looks and shoots great, I'll get it out there in 2021 for sure now that I have more ammo.

Garand friendly ammo is really not that hard to find. Federal and PPU both make it by the boat load. CMP sells various flavors. Gold medal match 168gr is fine too. And there's a can of surplus ammo on clips in the classifieds right now!

I'm selling some below what I paid for it.
Have m2 brass too. Not sure how much 😕

Back
Top Bottom