• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Garand .22?!?!?!?!?!

Just got my copy of the Blue Press and saw a write up on an M1 Garand in .22lr. It doesn't look to be a cheap reproduction but rather well made and even heavier than the original.

The website is kingstonarmory.com, I tried to copy and paste a link but no workie. Anyways, seems expensive at 6-700 for a plinker 22 but for those that love some rimfire and/or the venerable Garand, this might be the ticket.

I'm not the biggest fan of rimfires, I like them of course but certainly not an enthusiast, however this could change that. A super cool rifle with warmth and soul shooting inexpensive 22 all day sounds like fun to me.

It's based off ruger 10/22 action
There's several articles .....like always it took so long for them to get into the stores interest has dropped.
If these where available 6-9 months after the release I might have jumped. 2 years later not so much.
I would like to buy a few of the rear sight assemblies to retro fit to some other 22s I have.
Here's one
http://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/columns-blogs/the-outdoors/rifles-simplicity-triggers-nostalgia

I have only seen one video review and it was a lame video.

Kingston claims a match trigger? If they can get down into the 499$ range I might bite

Last edited:
That's good info Mac, heck, I'm surprised I haven't heard about it. I do a fair bit of reading gun rags and spend waaaay too much time on gun forums to have not seen anything about it. Here I was all excited.....sheesh

For $700 I would expect a little more. That 10/22 trigger assembly doesn't belong on an M1 replica.

That's good info Mac, heck, I'm surprised I haven't heard about it. I do a fair bit of reading gun rags and spend waaaay too much time on gun forums to have not seen anything about it. Here I was all excited.....sheesh
6. A 3/8 dovetail machined in the receiver would be nice also for the scope crowd.
I first heard about them in 2014, then shot show 2015 it was announced. I like 22s and garands so I'm a little drawn to it. Although for the price I pick it apart.
1. They could have blended the rear sight to fit the receiver better. I would have liked to see the rear sight machined into the receiver and be the sale height if not maybe a tad lower than the M1. Would make it easier for kids to shoot with a good solid cheak weld.
2. The rear hand guard could use some better fitting also.
3. If it has a decent trigger. ( they claim match trigger) I have a funny feeling it's not a 2 stage like the M1.
4. No mention of manufacture of the barrel. This could be key to better sales.
5. I,like to know how one actually does down range.

Last edited:
I picked up a few CASES of 30-06 ammo from the CMP back a lifetime ago. Given the cost of .22 these days, I think if I shot my Garand, I'd be in the ball-park for cost. LOL

I saw this for the first time in my issue of the Blue Press too. I like the idea of a nice heavy .22, but I have no love for the Garand, I don't care what everyone else says. And for that price, I'm not seeing the point.

Back
Top Bottom