• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Carbines

I've been carefully watching the countdown while trying to figure out if one of the dealers offering curbside service will do a transfer. Or receive one and hold it for a while. The dealer nearest me wants a dollar a day after 72 hours.

I've been carefully watching the countdown while trying to figure out if one of the dealers offering curbside service will do a transfer. Or receive one and hold it for a while. The dealer nearest me wants a dollar a day after 72 hours.

send it to me if you want , I’ll hold onto it until the shit blows over and you can even have visitation rights until I can process the paperwork without flagging myself

Another dealer that won't be around much longer.

I don't really trust Royal Tiger. It seems like a Sweaty Ben roll with half the barrel already picked thru.

Too many uncertainties with the economy and transfers are shut off until WHO knows when. Do you get a knock knock or cease and desist now for an fa10 for "non-essential" activities?

Think I'll Form1 the MP40 clone so it's not so unwieldy with the long extension. Keep my papers in order with the times.

wm_7188393.jpg

DSC_4482.jpg

If a couple of my things sell, I will order one...probably with just the $100 up-charge to very good/excellent. I'm already committed to a Walther PP, or I would go for one sooner. I even have accessories ready for it...but will be short one magazine as they won't ship one to MA. I'd also need an oiler, but looks like many of them have slings and oilers.

t
D12C0BC2-DD39-4A72-B616-267893AD982C.jpeg

I am toying with getting one of these, but I don't have a C&R and my regular FFL's are closed for now. I guess I'll wait.

Was it an added cost "option" to pick the manufacturer? Not listed among the options.
The only info I know is what they had on their site. I didn't see anything listed as far as prices for hand pikcing or selecting manufacturer, but it sounds like they were willing to.

FOR HAND SELECT ON EACH CONDITION OR TO REQUEST A SPECIFIC MANUFACTURER, PLEASE CALL US TO PLACE ORDER OVER THE PHONE AS PRICING AND AVAILABILITY VARIES.

I ordered a VG to excellent the other week and I ended up with an Inland from 5 -44. The metal was good with just some minor wear on the edges and I did the muzzle test with a 30.06 round and it looks like there is some life left in the barrel. I don’t know enough about them to know if it’s all original. The stock had no markings and looks like it may have had something spilled on it or a poor refinish cause it has some runs. Must have been done a long time ago cause it looks like there is wear in the finish wear you would hold the gun. I’ll try to post some pictures when I get some time. Unfortunately it has not been to the range for the ultimate test.

My best was a $635 CMP QH win in February, 2016.

t
Is that what the cost was? I got a Winchester from them but couldn't remember how much I paid.
I'll never sell that rifle. It must be worth at least a grand.

I've had two of those...was partial to the National Postal Meter I had.

I shot this group with son with a mixmaster IBM at 25 yards. He was using the one (Winchester) that I have left. It was a Paris Hilton and chihuahua zombie target. When he was out of bullets he noticed he hadn’t shot the dog...he said I couldn’t hit it. Those are my last 5 bullets, and I purposely moved right to left when shooting.

Oh, the good old days when I was young(er) and the mileage hadn’t caught up to me. I loved to show him up time and time again. When he couldn't do something, he tried to justify his failure in that dad couldn't do it either. Just loved the hanging jaw look he gave me afterwards. [smile]

t
A7D1EDB3-29B9-4E6D-9447-445DA78AC1ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Never say never. I don't like playing party pooper, but that's life at work out there. How about "one of the last things I sell?" I've managed to hang onto my first K98 for 25 years....it's only an East German rework, but it's special.

t

Back
Top Bottom