• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Carbines

Oh and one other thing - Midway doesn't honor C&R FFLs. So you can't have it shipped direct to you, it will need to go to an FFL that will transfer to you.
I just looked at their website and they claim that they will ship to C&R FFLs. They give specific directions for C&Rs to order the M1 Carbines.

I just looked at their website and they claim that they will ship to C&R FFLs. They give specific directions for C&Rs to order the M1 Carbines.

Interesting, they must have changed it for this sale because as of a few months ago they said they did not recognized C&R FFLs

Interesting, they must have changed it for this sale because as of a few months ago they said they did not recognized C&R FFLs
Perhaps they did, just for this sale.

Here's the quoted text from their Email. No idea if they will ship (or not) to MA C&R FFLs.

If you plan to purchase with your personal C&R FFL, you MUST UPLOAD YOUR C&R FFL AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. Please have a copy of your C&R FFL ready to upload when you go through the checkout process. We accept documents in the form of .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif. Once you upload your document, complete the checkout process, and get an order confirmation, your gun is reserved. As soon as we validate your C&R FFL document, your gun will ship.

Perhaps they did, just for this sale.

Here's the quoted text from their Email. No idea if they will ship (or not) to MA C&R FFLs.

Yeah when I talked to them, my state didn't even come up. It was just a blanket 'no hablo c&r'. They probably figured they'd get a ton of angry phone calls if they continued with that for this sale. Its definitely going to be a little extra work for them since you can't use EZCheck for C&Rs, they'll have to call ATF to confirm each one.

I am SO TEMPTED!!! But TWO THINGS, first is what Commander Spock said "SOMETIMES HAVING IS NOT SO PLEASING AS WANTING"

SECOND

I already have two Winchesters from CMP, one bought in 2009 for $650 and the other in 2016 for $685. Granted they both were rearsenaled and have bayonet lugs, although I have 2 barrel bands without lugs if I wanted to change them.

I have sold my Garand and my 03A3 planning to stick with carbines, I have the 2 Winchesters, 2 Jungle Carbines and 2 Mosin Carbines ('39 '44) so don't REALLY need a third M1 Carbine BUT....

If I get one it would be the Quality Hardware. It would be a neat to have one direct from WWII (via Italy) but that is a lot of money for something I have two of already

I would dump the extra Jungle Carbine and put it into one of these or something else.

I already got rid of my Garand, 2 O3A3's and a couple shotguns. I don't see the 2nd Jungle Carbine as extra, I like them they are a blast to shoot in the dark

It is not the money it is "do I need it" (or them)

Last edited:
I am going to try for a Rockola. I wanted to also get a Quality or IBM but I have two Winchesters from CMP
icon
and since I don't go to collector meets just take them to the range there is no real reason to get even more types.

I want but I don't need

Many people across the forums have stated that you can save money by buying at gunshows (from what I have seen they are inflated) or gunbroker but at the same time they say that many of the carbines for sale have been "force" matched by replacing parts to back date them to WWII and or be "numbers matching"

It makes me very leery of buying anything claiming to be WWII configuration. At least with the Midway guns they have stated that they were updated before the Italians got them with sights and some with safeties. The backstory is one of the things that attracts me. My 2 Winchesters from CMP have no backstory.

I would only buy a shooter from a gun show, unless it was some reputable vendor. The price would probably be no better than you could do on gunbroker though. Most shows seem to be higher priced than going to the same vendor's store and working a deal. Remember that the dealers all setup like a day before and check out what everyone else has and make deals with each other before the show even starts.

I would only buy a shooter from a gun show, unless it was some reputable vendor. The price would probably be no better than you could do on gunbroker though. Most shows seem to be higher priced than going to the same vendor's store and working a deal. Remember that the dealers all setup like a day before and check out what everyone else has and make deals with each other before the show even starts.

Actually that is why I like setting up my Boston Police display at the shows, you get in early and get the deals and check out all the inventory. BUT prices at shows tend to be high but I have noticed that they give deals to "dealers"

Actually that is why I like setting up my Boston Police display at the shows, you get in early and get the deals and check out all the inventory. BUT prices at shows tend to be high but I have noticed that they give deals to "dealers"

Oh that's right, I forgot about your display! I remember seeing that several times. Good idea.

Rockola's gone in the first couple minutes, and "FINE" was no available, probably an employee got it.

I will haunt Rock Island Auctions and Amoskeag, the shows and Gunbroker get top dollar

Midway is the newest vendor to score some M1 Carbines. Looks like they have every manufacturer available. Prices are 1200-2500.

Midway

I logged on at 9 AM for the sale (maybe not the right word) - and put a Standard M1 carbine in Fine condition w/ no bayonet lug into my cart. $2000.

I chickened out after entering my CC info.

Rockola's gone in the first couple minutes, and "FINE" was no available, probably an employee got it.

I will haunt Rock Island Auctions and Amoskeag, the shows and Gunbroker get top dollar

What makes the Rockola most desirable? My brother scored a $1700 IBM - he's been looking for a WWII config for years I think.

Had one in the cart with the spinning balls in the checkout process. Next thing you know you have an empty cart because someone else managed to checkout with your jukebox cawbine.

There are no "cheap" M1 carbines anymore at this point.
They have sold out of all models.....I thought for sure people would pass on those prices. I was wrong.
About the only milsurps I don't see moving much are the recent Carcanos, probably due to ammo supply. Everything else whether it's Sweaty Ben or somebody else seems to get their price. I guess it's just the decreasing supply and increasing demand, perhaps coupled with stimulus, panics, etc.

Reminds me when round 1 of CMP 1911s came out and some people were furious at the price. I remember one guy said that maybe in a few months when all those 1911s were collecting dust from no one wanting one, they'd drop their price to $400...and we know how that turned out...round 2 will already take until 2022 to complete...

For me, I'd pay $700 for an M1 Carbine, maybe $1000 for a nice condition IBM. But that's it. There's obviously plenty of people who have a much different valuation; and I'm at peace with that. If it'll take me $1700 to get a carbine I'm OK without owning one. Then again, I've felt I've "overpaid" a few times on milsurps one for their value to surge past the price I paid in a year or two...and I've never looked back and regretted dropping that extra $100 or $200 on something I picked up.

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpeg
    IMG_1035.jpeg
    926.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 6
Just hit the used page at Four Seasons...
INLAND VERY RECENTM1 CARBINE30 CAL. CARBINE930xxx
$1199.95​
1 MAG, SLING

Back
Top Bottom