• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Carbines

I'm good and don't need this, but it is a rare and a pleasure to carry 20 Gauge. It's an Ithaca mod 37 (bottom ejection) Ultralight with a 26" barrel, vent rib, English stock and a 5 pound carry all day 20 gauge. It's Lot 642 on the Amoskeag auction.

It's a rare gun with all the right features for an upland bird gun. The price is right too.

If I was still running Springers, I would not post this and I would own it.

Last edited:
Ready....let me know where and when...I even have a loaner.

t [banana]

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpeg
    IMG_1075.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1029.jpeg
    IMG_1029.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 20
Has everyone received thier RTI carbines.
Maybe time for a RTI shoot out?
Took mine out to the range last Friday. Had a lot of fun ringing the steel silhouette at 100 yards. I like to call that “minute of man” accuracy. Lol.

The Chinese SKS I picked up was equally fun. Though that thing LAUNCHES spent casings. They were bouncing off the range roof and hitting me on the head.

How's that Armscor ammo shoot? I reload 30 carbine but was just curious. I had only shot PPU and Rem 30 carbine before.

Haven't tried it yet....just came in today's mail. Busy tomorrow....see what the weather is like over the weekend. Still have 200 rounds of Remington and 120 US military 40/50s.

t

Its good stuff, surprisingly. My carbine loved it.
Armscor is a large Philippine ammo manufacture . I believe they made wolf at one wolf gold at one point. Also I think they are a large manufacture to Philippine military and I think they still run M1 carbines?

I have an oiler; trade for a mag?

t

T I'll get you out a couple next week.

600px-SPRM1A1Carbine-1.jpg

Carrying the carbine muzzle down and slung, it is 1 second to shoulder with a hasty sling in use and much more accurate with a good cheek weld and sight picture. Deadly out to 100 yards.
Has something like 3X more muzzle energy also. It might shed velocity and energy quicker being 110 grains?

Not a GTI import but snuck out with the rock ola to test out some cast loads. I test in a rushed manner and just use elbows on the bench while sitting. Im sure with a decent rest and I took more time I could do better. My Rx just not working out as well either. Carbine front post is much closer than most rifles and My Current Rx does not work well anymore.
first batch was 130 grain cast with 2400 powder first shot went low Upped the rear sight a notch and the remaining 9 shots hit top edge of target and a few into the target frame. Overall not bad for scrap lead cast bullet. I had a heck of a time seeing the front post clearly.
UZqe1DKl.jpg

figured out a better hold and then shot of another batch with a different powder but about the same velocity
these favored the right side of the target...still not bad and out shoot most factory 30 carb I have run through this rifle
KXAi7mVl.jpg

will be bore scoping later to check for any bore leading

Back
Top Bottom