• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Carbines at gun shop

imgone

NES Member
If anyone is looking Fourseasons has a Inland #832xxx May42/Sept43 Carbine for sale $1099.95 it is import marked, comes with sling, mag pouch, and preban mag. This is not mine just passing along the info, cause I know some people are looking for them.
And an Inland #5057xxx Jan44/Aug44 that one is priced $1599.95 comes with a sling, and preban mag. I didn't see this one when I was there.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking Fourseasons has a Inland #832xxx May42/Sept43 Carbine for sale $1099.95 it is import marked, comes with sling, mag pouch, and preen mag. This is not mine just passing along the info, cause I know some people are looking for them.
And an Inland #5057xxx Jan44/Aug44 that one is priced $1599.95 comes with a sling, and preen mag. I didn't see this one when I was there.

1099 for import tagged....tempting to sell my blue sky if I can get north of 1k

FS consignment prices are +18% from what the owner is asking them to sell it for, FYI.

Correct FS gets 18% of selling price. So he gets about $900 if it sells at $1099
I have used Carl in the past for slow moving items.
It was nice to just get a check in the mail vs driving all over meeting buyers.

With the prices the carbine are getting I'm tempted to get a correct barrel for my blue sky import in a few several years it should be worth even more..

Those prices are awefully high... check out the CMP classifieds...

I saw a Blue Sky at a MA shop a few months ago for $600, and I passed on it. The stock was pretty beat up, but other then that not bad...

I remember paying around $200 for my blue sky years ago.

I remember picking one up at kittery on family trip
Was $95 my dad said...what do you want with that old military junk... that sort of stuck in my head until my 30s......probably the only bad advice my dad gave me. If I had know and had my C&R in my 20s I could have afforded all my "wanted" guns then. I remember a gun show in a NH high school w e would go to . The junk gun guy had all the surplus shit we want now. I remember picking up a Swedish Mauser sniper with the scope taped to the stock....for $49.95 that guy had piles of guns on the table labeled make a offer. I know there where 1903s1917s, Enfield and others...

I bought a Fed Ord carbine back in 84 for $150. All GI parts except the receiver, which was cast. Shot fine, just sold it this spring for $700. I also remember the crappy Universal Carbines and Winchester model 94s selling for $79 back then. Both were pieces of garbage. A buddy bought a 94, and the trigger broke the first time out with it.

In order to provide a data point, I picked up this Inland carbine at a metro-west LGS last week for $700:

https://imgur.com/gallery/blbBr
https://imgur.com/gallery/7HjmF

Now, there is a reason for the low price- the (original, I think) barrel is threaded... I made up a thread protector, and it's hardly noticable now-

https://imgur.com/gallery/upE5h

i figure the threaded barrel is probably a little worse than a Blue Sky barrel, but for that price it still seemed like a bargain. Was lucky enough that it was still available a few days after first spotting it.

Anyone looking for M1 carbines I have several I want to sell (haven't had time to post)...a few CMP carbines and an actual used in Korean war bring back. PM me!

I bought my non import-marked carbine for $750 at a LGS back in ... jeez I don't even remember now! 2009 maybe. It's an Underwood receiver with an Inland 1944 barrel. I came very close to selling it a few years back due to financial woes and I'm very glad I held onto it. I started reloading .30 carbine to save money on shooting it, and also to stop putting shitty Wolf steel cased rounds through it. Some day I'll actually take the time to research each individual part and see how much of a mixmaster it really is. I know the mag catch is marked with an underlined M.

Last edited:
I bought my non import-marked carbine for $750 at a LGS back in ... jeez I don't even remember now! 2009 maybe. It's an Underwood receiver with an Inland 1944 barrel. I came very close to selling it a few years back due to financial woes and I'm very glad I held onto it. I started reloading .30 carbine to save money on shooting it, and also to stop putting shitty Wolf steel cased rounds through it. Some day I'll actually take the time to research each individual part and see how much of a mixmaster it really is. I know the mag catch is marked with an underlined M.
Although wolf 30 car. is not great stuff it wont hurt it any. I know several old timers who love the cheap wolf ammo and have ben putting down the carbines and M1 garands for many many years. Hell even hornady put out steel cased "match" ammo for a spell there. Prooblem was not the steel but the cost!

Yeah I am trying to sell my M1 carbines here first before doing FS consignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shipping seems high for back then? What was your average pay in 1966 1.75hr? Still great price.

Shipping factors out to about $19 today, with inflation. I'd pay $19 to ship a carbine.

$17.50 back then is about $131.81 now. A freakin' steal in any year.

I saw an Auto Ordnance for sale for $1099 at a gun shop. An AO, what the hell are they thinking?

they have been over priced since they came out along with the new production tommy guns. Their 1911s have jumped up in price also...

Anyone looking for M1 carbines I have several I want to sell (haven't had time to post)...a few CMP carbines and an actual used in Korean war bring back. PM me!

I keep telling myself I want one to go with my garand I got recently, but haven't looked into them at all.

Back
Top Bottom