• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 carbine lower

I am having trouble rebuilding my upper.
specifically the extractor.
The springs keep flying across the kitchen floor [banghead]
Any advise?
Thanks, Mike

103_3641.jpg Its a lot easier if you place the bolt in a vice or something else to hold it. What makes it easier with out the bolt tool is take a punch or round shank broken screw driver (cheap screw drivers work well for this as the are easy to drill) I drilled a small indent in the flat tip of the punch. This keeps the eject from slipping out easily. You can also modify a empty case and make a small indent to keep things ejector from slipping around. Then squish the case against the bolt with clamp....not good at desctibing it. I can post pics later. With out the correct tool its a bit of a struggle.

so I mosidfy the case a bit, and use the quick grip. I have used the grip grip for a lot of "tools"
Still its best if you can clamp the bolt down. I just grab the bolt body in the corner of my vice with padded jaws. Once you get the clamp in place all is good. The ejector can still wiggle and go fling.
have fun pic of modified case

Last edited:
The bolt tool is the way to go. Just the time saved wrestling with it is worth it...mike I would take up that offer!

Back
Top Bottom