M1 carbine accuracy

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
sorry for the lousy pic, it was taken with a cardboard camera, scanned and enlarged. You can't even see the rifle.

A while back I posted about how accurate my Winchester M1 carbine was. A friend took this picture, he insisted as the target impressed him.

The target on the left was me doing my uneducated thing with my carbine at 50 yds. After my friend gave me some pointers, I went for the right target. There is one flyer at 10 oclock and one a little out of the group, but all the other rounds are sharing each others holes. Could I do it again? Maybe, if my friend was there. Probably not much of a deal for you 'pros', but this was pretty good for me.

A good carbine in good shape is a pretty darned accurate weapon. Mine is a very early one, but has the later sight on it. It's one of the first 77,000 made.

Notice there were still some evil orange critters trying to sneak up on me !

carbinetarget1.jpg

carbine.jpg

Last edited:
Moved it for ya...

I too love my Carbine! I can be pretty damn accurate out past 100yds with it, and I don't care what anyone says, 110gr bullet traveling at 2000fps or more isn't something to be laughed at!

Thanks for the move.

All these 'stories' about not beiing able to penetrate heavy clothing is bunk.

People rave about what a man stopper the .357mag is and this is hotter than that. I've never heard one bad comment about the .357 not penetrating clothing, have you?

IMO .30 carbine has incredible potential, if the right bullets
are used. eg, JSP, SP, JHP (if they exist?).

The only problem with the platform is it seems that a large amount of
the magazines out there are pure trash, resulting in a lot of jams and
the like. Otherwise the M1 is a fine example of what a PCC
should be.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom