• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 and failure to feed

Hi All,
I have been shooting CMP Greek ammo for a few weeks now out of my M1 with no issues (after changing the op rod spring). I just received a new shipment on Sat of the CMP Lake City ammunition and took it to the range today. I loaded a few enblock clips and went to it, with quite a few failure to feeds! After a shot, the follow up shot would not bring the bolt back to strip off a new round so the hammer fell on an empty chamber. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I know the Lake City stuff is de-linked machine gun ammo, it it not correct for the Garand? Your opinions are appreciated.

P.S. The ammo still put out some nice groups @ 100yds

I had the same problem,I found that it was the clips.The clips that come with the Greek spam cans are good to go,the other ones that I had gave me that problem.

I believe the clips that come with the Greek are manufactured by L&H.

ah yes, I was using BOTH the Greek clips and the ones I purchased when I bought the rifle. The gas plug was fine, and the rifle had about three hundred rounds on her. There was NO issue when the Greek ammo was fired, only the Lake City ammo. I would alternate back and forth between the two and would have no issues with the Greek ammo, but would fail to feed the Lake City every time!!! What else could it be but the ammo. Am thinking of purchasing some commercial ammo just as a control in some experimentation next weekend. I am in the process of giving her a full cleansing and will start from scratch this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom