• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 30 Caliber Carbine

I had an early AO M1 (2nd or maybe 3rd year?)that shifted around in its stock and it jammed a lot. I replaced the stock, replaced the mag that came with it with some WW2 mags that were still in there wrappers and shoot about 500 rounds through it. It worked great after that. It was sold off but I missed it bought another one last year. Everything about is outstanding. I paid $900 for it ( the first one cost me $650).

AO gets a lot of bad press which is no longer deserved. Many complaints were justified but what they are making today isn’t what they made 10 years ago. What was made in West Hurley NY shouldn’t even enter into the conversation. I have two of their ww2 1911’s. The first one about 15 years ago was pakerized, it looked battleship grey, it wouldn’t go into battery so had to put in a very heavy spring, the magazine was junk and the front site fell off. It was however very accurate. It was sold off. I picked up another this past winter which was black oxide. Beautifully made, no flaws in fit or finish and eats everything in have fed it. It came with a Checkmate magazine and it’s almost as accurate as my Colt Competition Series 1911.

WANT! I've got a ton of 30 carbine ammo and don't shoot my M1 carbine much. Would be nice to get a pistol to shoot that ammo...

There's a few online but I've read too many reviews saying they're not reliable in feeding.
Don't discount the Ruger revolver in .30 carbine, the one Len mentioned

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom