• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P's? Yes.

I am going to pick up a M&P range kit pretty soon from four seasons. I am ordering the apex kit now and I was looking at a video online of the intstall and seems like you need some pretty small tools, anything in particular I should pick up for the job. I have basic socket/wrench sets and a handful of other tools. Just want to see if there is anything specific I should pick up before hand, thanks.

I've put in about a dozen Apex kits, do youself a favor when you get the sear block out before you push out the sear pin. Push out the pin inside a big plastic bag. Its easy to launch the sear plunger and spring. It is very small and a PITA to find, trust me. All you need is a vise,padding for the vise, 1/8" punch, 1/6" allen wrench, masking tape and a hammer.

Last edited:
I am going to pick up a M&P range kit pretty soon from four seasons. I am ordering the apex kit now and I was looking at a video online of the intstall and seems like you need some pretty small tools, anything in particular I should pick up for the job. I have basic socket/wrench sets and a handful of other tools. Just want to see if there is anything specific I should pick up before hand, thanks.

You'll need a 1/8" roll pin punch to take out the trigger pin and sear housing pin. You will also need a 1/16" allen wrench to remove the rear sight to install the ultimate striker block.

Sure, Maybe I could have done the Apex kit myself. There are plenty of on-line videos. But my sanity, and knowledge that it was done right, without the possibility of ME losing tiny parts or springs, was worth $45 to have it done by someone who's done it before. Money well spent, if you ask...

You'll need a 1/8" roll pin punch to take out the trigger pin and sear housing pin. You will also need a 1/16" allen wrench to remove the rear sight to install the ultimate striker block.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Edit:you to Jabrila!

Tapatalkin

Last edited:
I just bought the full size 9mm and compact 9mm M&P. I've never owned a hand gun until now. I thought the trigger was ok out of the box on both. Shot some nice groupings at 50' and hit the paint at 150' with both. But I am very interested in either trying one with a lighter trigger or having them both upgraded.

I just bought the full size 9mm and compact 9mm M&P. I've never owned a hand gun until now. I thought the trigger was ok out of the box on both. Shot some nice groupings at 50' and hit the paint at 150' with both. But I am very interested in either trying one with a lighter trigger or having them both upgraded.

QUINCY- Give Greg a call.. you will not regret it! You are only about 15 minutes from him!

I like you had purchased the M&P in .40, hated and sold it fast. Shot a buddies M&P .40 withthe Apex tactical trigger. I bought an M&P 9 last Friday ordered the Apex kit and now i'm looking for an M&P .45

I shot a .40 with a ma trigger and a .45 that was owned and worked on by a police armorer. If I had not had the opportunity to fire both, I would not have believed there could be such a difference.

I was talking to one of the engineers at S&W last night. He is working on the M&P 22 but is hit a snag. He has to make the 6lbs trigger 10+lbs....essentially make it crappy

There is no LE trigger. there is just the MA trigger and the normal one. Both of them suck, but at least the normal one is useable. The gun can be made pretty awesome with an APEX kit in it, though. Night and day difference.

-Mike

I've shot the 9mm with both triggers. I agree, night and day difference.

I just got the .45 and the trigger is MA-Marsha "approved"....which is to say, horrid. 20 rounds and my finger started getting sore [angry]. It's in the safe for now...waiting for a new trigger.

I have two M&P 45 one for IDPA w / a Apex kit , other is a carry gun with stock trigger , I agree stock trigger is horrible. I also did own a M&P 40 Fs and could not shoot it . I had trigger done to equal APEX trigger. I still could not shoot it the way I want too. Traded it at Four season and bought 2nd M&P 45 with no regrets

Back
Top Bottom