• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P Shield

I won an M&P from Four Seasons in one of the NES giveaways. The slide release was so tight you could hardly release it with your thumb. The mags were also extremely resistant to load. Maybe that's why they were giving it away, all I know is it was a total piece of crap.

Maybe you should KARMA it, doesn't sound like it would be a loss.

I have the 9mm shield that I bought from a fellow NES...he said it had an apex done but I still find it a lil mushy..any recommendations or is that normal? I'm coming from mostly glock stock triggers.
could it be that the trigger is like a Hinge? I wasn't used to it at 1st but it's one of my fav's

I won an M&P from Four Seasons in one of the NES giveaways. The slide release was so tight you could hardly release it with your thumb. The mags were also extremely resistant to load. Maybe that's why they were giving it away, all I know is it was a total piece of crap.

Wow, I'll gladly take it off your hands for shipping and a transfer fee.

Seriously, how many rounds have you out through it? I liked my full size M&P plenty(though I like my XDm more now), but it was stiff for a while when I got it. 300-400 rounds down the pipe settled it right in though.

Happy with mine

I added TFO night sights (for visibility for old eyes) and a rubber slip on grip for just a little more frame width. The trigger is fine out of the box. I like it enough that now that Glock is finallly coming out with a 43, I won't even bother looking at one. I have the model with a thumb safety, which I got for when I carry it in a vest w/o a holster.

How tight? Sounds pretty normal to me.

Maybe time for a new hand strength routine? JUST KIDDING :)

How tight? Sounds pretty normal to me.

Maybe time for a new hand strength routine? JUST KIDDING :)

I've handled plenty of guns, I don't claim to be an expert but the slide release and the mags were VERY difficult to manage. Never experienced anything like it before or since.

mag release is pretty ludicrous, but I don't use it on pretty much any gun anyway. As a matter of habit, I rack the slide.

the follower tension does break-in after a while on the mags.
agreed 100%. I love my shield, it's my go to light clothing carry piece. I had the .40 and felt it was too snappy for me, I sold it and bought the .9mm and love it - apex trigger included.

Ive held the mp9shield and full size. The shield id need the magazine extension (big hands) that said the sd9ve felt the best to me so far also a kahr cw9? Felt pretty good too

I have it for a few months now, use it in the range quite often. Nothing negative to way about it except that the slide release requires a lot of pressure. I shot it together with a Glock 26, and prefered the shield. It is my little buddy that is with me all the time !
And yes, definitely do the Apex trigger job

Bought a Shield in 9mm a couple of weeks ago. I put in the Apex kit and it shoot really nice. I have medium sized hand so I added two layers of Talon grip tape.

I've shot the a few Shields in 9mm. One with the full apex kit and another that was stock. Both shot great. The stock trigger is quite heavy but smooth with a great breaking point. I personally am waiting to shoot the Glock 43 to make my final decision. My current summer carry is a Bodyguard .380 which I love. I carry 2 extra mags since they are so small. I have 2 mags of Underwood 90gr. Xtreme Penetration and a mag of Federal HST. Goodluck with your decision

Last edited:
I have the Shield in 9mm and it rocks. I am not big on changing any internals on a carry gun. Yes, the trigger heavy because...well....Massachuesetts, but it is great. Since it is a defensive firearm/carry gun, I have XS Big Dot sights on mine. The sights plus the shield equal the perfect little carry package.

no offense volkl78, but i would not bash a free $400ish pistol

I have it for a few months now, use it in the range quite often. Nothing negative to way about it except that the slide release requires a lot of pressure. I shot it together with a Glock 26, and prefered the shield. It is my little buddy that is with me all the time !
And yes, definitely do the Apex trigger job

For all of you who keep calling it a "slide release", it is a slide LOCK. It is designed to lock the slide back. Continuosly depressing it to release the slide will cause it to wear and eventually it will not hold the slide locked back.

yes, this is my pet peeve. And if you use any of my guns, please do not use the slide lock as a slide "release."

I dont know about that. Kahr actually recommends using the slide stop to release the slide. I also have a Glock 19 that I bought in 1989. I have released the slide using the slide stop thousands if not tens of thousands of times with no problem.

For all of you who keep calling it a "slide release", it is a slide LOCK. It is designed to lock the slide back. Continuosly depressing it to release the slide will cause it to wear and eventually it will not hold the slide locked back.

yes, this is my pet peeve. And if you use any of my guns, please do not use the slide lock as a slide "release."

I'm a slingshot technique guy myself, but glock recommends either technique. If it was just meant to be a lock, why put serrations on the top?

I've been thiking of replacinng my S&W 3913 with one of these, or a Sig.

Crazy talk?

Nah, you're on the money. It's really lightweight and slim. Has I think the same capacity of the 3913? 8+1.

I wouldn't get rid of that 3913 though... She'll just have to hang out in the safe more often!

I have an MP45. Love it
Get the trigger done, Mass trigger laws are retarded, at best.
Resale value sucks, unless done FTF.

Back
Top Bottom