• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P shield best price around

looking to get the wife a 9mm shield for xmas gift

i live in Taunton and was wondering who around has the best buy on one of these ? Im willing to go tonight to purchase it cash in hand

Thanks

Shooting supply in Westport has been running the best new prices in the state on them. I think there may still be a rebate. Honestly though, who is this a Christmas present for?

xmas gift is for my wife , who is also a shooter (ltc holder).....i was suprised a few weeks back she picked up a xds to handle and she actually liked the grips on the Mp Shield better.

Its not a surpise though she knows she is getting a new gun lol

straw purchase. might as well just turn yourself in now before dimples drops the soap in your general direction.

whatever happened to buying your wife a Mercedes for xmas?

cheapskate.

Straw purchase ? we both have ltc's and she will be in person when it is purchased in her name ......maybe you shouldnt assume

first time back on here in a while and shoot at Taunton pistol and rifle club , all i asked was about prices and were to go .
You are now on some rant of straw sales lol

dude, it was a joke...relax. :D

it's a thoughtful gift. i love my shield...i've been carrying it since I got it in 2013 after waiting almost 6 months on a waiting list!

do her a favor and upgrade it with the full apex trigger kit right out of the box so she doesn't have to get used to the never ending take up and pulling shots. if you want to do the upgrade yourself it's not very difficult if you're mechanically inclined...but there's shops that will do it fairly cheap as well (maybe ask Shooting Supply when you buy the gun or get that done ahead of time so when she picks it up you two can just go to the range?)

there...have i redeemed myself? can't be too naughty this time of year. Santa will never bring me gun stuff (thinks i have too much already) but might get me some lingerie and/or a new lawnmower...hopefully both so I can wear the lingerie while I mow the lawn.

dude, it was a joke...relax. :D

it's a thoughtful gift. i love my shield...i've been carrying it since I got it in 2013 after waiting almost 6 months on a waiting list!

do her a favor and upgrade it with the full apex trigger kit right out of the box so she doesn't have to get used to the never ending take up and pulling shots. if you want to do the upgrade yourself it's not very difficult if you're mechanically inclined...but there's shops that will do it fairly cheap as well (maybe ask Shooting Supply when you buy the gun or get that done ahead of time so when she picks it up you two can just go to the range?)

there...have i redeemed myself? can't be too naughty this time of year. Santa will never bring me gun stuff (thinks i have too much already) but might get me some lingerie and/or a new lawnmower...hopefully both so I can wear the lingerie while I mow the lawn.

no worries

Straw purchase ? we both have ltc's and she will be in person when it is purchased in her name ......maybe you shouldnt assume

Ugh... this is so close to the truth it's worth expanding on:

There was a case where a guy and his buddy got charged and convicted of a straw purchase even though they used an FFL to transfer between them; because the final recipient write the buyer a check for it. Even though they're both legal, even though the second guy went to an FFL and had a background check done before getting the gun. They were convicted because the second guy put something stupid in the memo field of the check like, "for Glock 20"

On the other hand, there is an *explicit* exception in the law for genuine gifts. You're buying this for your wife, as a gift, she didn't give you money for it, she didn't promise to give you money for it, it's a gift. So you're totally OK.

Highly recommend Shooting Supply in Westport...best prices around, large inventory, great service and really nice folks.

Back
Top Bottom