• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P Shield 9mm

Got some advice last week on the LCR 357. It ended up being a good choice. Looking at the Shield in 9mm. Shot the 40 didn't like it. Any thoughts on the 9mm.

Thanks

The 9mm Shield is a much easier gun to shoot for most folks then the 40. Both Shields are great but to me the 9mm is easier to shoot fast and stay on target.YMMV

Green means a paid membership, with privileges including winning LOTS of free stuff from members and access to buy/sell firearms on forum.

I own a 9mm Shield. So long as you have an appropriate (read: non-Massachusetts) trigger, it's a great shooter. Easy to conceal (I use a Remora 5-ART) and easy enough to control with practice.

If you plan to buy a new Shield in MA, be sure to work the Apex Duty Carry Kit into your budget. It will improve the trigger immensely. My 9mm Shield handles very well and is accurate out to any reasonable self-defense distance (save for snipers of course). I always carry with the 7-rd magazine in the gun, and sometimes put the 8-rd in my cargo pocket for extra capacity.

I usually carry it in a Galco King-Tuk but occasionally use a Nate Squared tuckable when it's really hot, or a DeSantis Insider for deep concealment.

I'm a pretty small guy and the Shield is the largest semi-auto I can convincingly conceal without wearing excessively baggy clothing. The thinness of the frame really makes a difference, especially when carrying IWB.

Back
Top Bottom