• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P Shield 9mm

Original Bobs just got in 50 today checking them in now they have the 9 and 40' s. Seem to be going out fast too.

Just got home with mine in 9mm. Thought I overheard one of the guys say they got 80 total - some in 9 and some in 40. Had a few S&W ORCs and Sport ARs along with assorted revolvers.

I'd been waiting for quite some time for the Shield, and on a few waiting lists. Granted I never made a serious search (ie: traveling outside my normal haunts to check) but have been checking out my usual areas, but I finally gave in and purchased the Kahr PM9. Haven't had a chance to bring it down to the range for some 'get used to it' time, but should be happy with it. I'll probably pick up a Shield at some future point to compare and contrast, but while the PM9 was a lot more $, I think I'll be happy with it.

I'd been waiting for quite some time for the Shield, and on a few waiting lists. Granted I never made a serious search (ie: traveling outside my normal haunts to check) but have been checking out my usual areas, but I finally gave in and purchased the Kahr PM9. Haven't had a chance to bring it down to the range for some 'get used to it' time, but should be happy with it. I'll probably pick up a Shield at some future point to compare and contrast, but while the PM9 was a lot more $, I think I'll be happy with it.

You should be happy with the PM9, but it is not even in the same class as the Sheild inmo. The Shield is actually quite a bit bigger, and of course is in a totally different price bracket, so it is kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

What decent 9mm's out there are the same size and smaller than the shield? Other than the LC9?

Just got home with mine in 9mm. Thought I overheard one of the guys say they got 80 total - some in 9 and some in 40. Had a few S&W ORCs and Sport ARs along with assorted revolvers.

They do have M&P 15 sports in stock. Just called - asking $1000.00.
And that's another store I will never shop at :p

I was in Patriot Arms in Ipswich on Wednesday - and was told they were getting a bunch of Shields in 9mm and one in .40, they'd be available Saturday. That was before we knew how big the storm would be.

If I like the way it feels and is as compact as I'm hoping I'll hopefully have one sunday.

Last edited:
Picked my Shield up on Thursday and today after I finished my shoveling duties, decided to field strip it and clean it. THE FREAKIN TAKEDOWN LEVER SNAPPED! I was just starting to rotate it down and it snapped in half. Looks like I'll be calling S&W on Monday...[crying]

I just got the call for my Shield 9mm Wednesday. I had begun to lose hope as I had put my name on the list in Oct. and just forgotte all about it. The Shield is going to be my first gun. Can't wait to pick it up next weekend.

New member here - and just got my .40 shield yesterday from Bob's Original thanks to Harleynut... they had a ton of 9's and 40's when I left there at 5:00 yesterday.

My friend just pulled the trigger on a shield from bobs, he was itching for a slim carry 9 after working on mine. Horray for peer pressure lol

I just took a trip to Bob's. Nice place, lots of M&P Shields. As a bonus, got to meet HarleyNut! Wish I wasn't in a rush, I would have shot the shit with him more.

+1 to Bob's (plus they are open on Mondays)

Do you mind me asking the price you paid at Bob's?

Paid $449.00 plus tax - picked up a box of PP along with it - total was 509 out the door. Harleynut was great to talk to. Range was busy while I was there too. Great that they were open Sunday (and Monday). Told my brother and he went up this morning and got one in .40 as well. Said they still had a bunch in .40 and 9.

For those that are thinking of picking up holsters here's a few idea's:

Kirkpatrick Holsters: Kirkpatrick Concealment Holsters

I have one of their Challenger 2000 Holsters on order: .kirkpatrickleather/2000-challenger-

Pro Carry Holsters: Pro Carry Holsters

I have one of their black and one brown Pro Carry On Duty Holsters: -Pro_Carry_On_Duty_Gun_Holster-

DeSantis Holsters: = DeSantis Gunhide =

I have one of their Mini Scabbard Holsters: /SW/m-p-shield/mini-scabbard=

I have one of their Nemesis Pocket Holsters and one of their Super Fly Holsters: /SW/m-p-shield/pocket-holsters-

I just got a holster from Amazon.com that is a Talon Tactical Store Holster: -Shield-Left-Handed-LaserMax-Crimson=S&W+Shield+Talon+Holster-, I like the looks of that one also.

Attachments

• S&W Shield 10.jpg
    S&W Shield 10.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 65
  • S&W Shield 12.jpg
    S&W Shield 12.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 63
  • S&W Shield 4.jpg
    S&W Shield 4.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 66
  • S&W Shield 5.jpg
    S&W Shield 5.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 64
  • S&W Shield 9.jpg
    S&W Shield 9.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 62
  • S&W Shield 6.jpg
    S&W Shield 6.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 64
  • S&W Shield 7.jpg
    S&W Shield 7.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 62
Thanks to everyone here on the forum for the heads up about bobs having the shield. I've been on waiting lists for months at several closer shops. Friendly staff and they are open late on weekdays so I was able to go after work. I'm afraid I bought up their last mag though!

I looked at a ton of holsters and I am new to CC. I ultimately decided to try the Little FoxX from FoxX holsters (haven't received it yet). I was also considering a larger hybrid holster but ill see how this smaller one works first. FoxX seems to have a good rep and good customer service from what I've read.

http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com/OnlineCatalog/Little_FoxX__for_Smith___Wesson-details.aspx

Anyone here try these and have impressions?

I got my shield and put in my order for a milt sparks VM 2. The wait will be a while but they are the best holster going to put on a belt hands down... Their tuckable clips make the holster pretty much completely disappear with a dress shirt... I know they are expensive but trust me they are worth the $. I have one for every hand gun I intend on keeping forever... Also in the mean time the shield fits pretty good in my glock versa max...

Back
Top Bottom