• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P Shield 9 barrels? I don't want this threaded one...

So I picked up an M&P Shield 9mm not all that long ago, and since they were so damn hard to find I paid the bit extra some one was asking for their shield 9mm with a threaded barrel. Personally... I've got no desire for a threaded barrel nor to pick up a silencer anytime soon.

Anyone know about aftermarket barrels for these perhaps? I called S&W for a barrel and they apparently have zero interest in making parts available for these hand guns as the demand is too high for the guns themselves.

Maybe one of you kind folks would be interested in a trade? Apparently these threaded barrels are rather expensive, and if you want one here would be a good way to get one and save yourself some money :)

Anyways, I just want a standard size barrel in this puppy!

I haven't seen or heard about any after market barrels for the shield 9mm. Guns and Gear sometimes gets 9mm barrels, but they sell out quickly because of the 40/9 conversion.

I tried to google around for a picture, but it turns out none exist on google images at least.

So, I'll take a picture here shortly and post it on my blog site and then bring it over here. In my humble opinion though... it looks out of place on a pocket pistol. It's bearable on full size guns, but this just makes it look like a squirt gun (again, in my opinion).

Compensator eh? This all defeats the purpose of owning a pocket pistol, haha.

Here is the picture of the Shield 9 with a threaded barrel. It currently has the thread protector on it.

shield9.jpg

A suppressed shield would seem like a weird concept. With an supressor it's now a big gun. Why not just carry a full size gun if you're running a suppressor?

From Brownell's on Storm Lake match barrels:

"Threaded models are also longer than factory barrel and come pre-threaded to accept screw-on aftermarket compensators."

A shield with a comp gets a little (~2") longer. Longer doesn't make it harder to conceal in IWB holster. Might make it not fit in a pocket though. A shield with a can is silly. Just go with a full size pistol. Shield with a comp to control muzzle flip is not a bad idea...
White Feather

62a6773e-6826-7811.jpg

This is from Google image search. Pretty much sums it up. Twist stays consistent through the additional barrel length.

I'd take an OEM barrel and $30 for this one. Yaeh i could hit a gun smith but it seems like a waste of a product some one may want.

It is fine still for IWB carry, but I don't like it for pocket carry.

Have the barrel shortened, any good gunsmith could do it for small money. It only takes a couple minutes...........

^^^^ This , I don't see someone trading you their concealed carry barrel AND giving you money for the threaded barrel ... but stranger things have happened .

For what its worth. If KKM makes a Barrel for your gun, you might want to replace the threaded with one of theirs. I've tried Lone Wolf and Storm lake. The lone wolf was machined crooked somehow. I had to move the sights all the way over to one side to zero it. The storm lake was better.

But the KKM is really excellent. Its like getting Bar Sto or Kart quality at Lone Wolf pricing. My G35 with a 9mm KKM conversion barrel is more accurate and just as reliable as my wife's G34

Don

A suppressed shield would seem like a weird concept. With an supressor it's now a big gun. Why not just carry a full size gun if you're running a suppressor?

Because if you go through the BS of getting a can legally, you're basically king of the island and you can do whatever you want, including things that don't really make sense. [laugh]

-Mike

I've got a couple of 9mm cans and have found that they work better with short guns better than full sized.

For example. My G27 with a G17 mag in it feels much better than my G34 with the same can. The added length and weight of the can really throws off the balance of most handguns. Having a shorter gun mimimizes that.

Of course, having a light can does also. Something like a DeGroat Nano Ti at only 4 ounces makes for a very shootable 9mm can.

TRADE.

So I picked up an M&P Shield 9mm not all that long ago, and since they were so damn hard to find I paid the bit extra some one was asking for their shield 9mm with a threaded barrel. Personally... I've got no desire for a threaded barrel nor to pick up a silencer anytime soon.

Anyone know about aftermarket barrels for these perhaps? I called S&W for a barrel and they apparently have zero interest in making parts available for these hand guns as the demand is too high for the guns themselves.

Maybe one of you kind folks would be interested in a trade? Apparently these threaded barrels are rather expensive, and if you want one here would be a good way to get one and save yourself some money :)

Anyways, I just want a standard size barrel in this puppy!

I have many new bbls for that shield, want to trade for one.??

Back
Top Bottom