M&P series.

I have been given conflicting information regarding M&P handguns. Can they be field stripped or not? Was told by one shop owner that they're not supposed to be field stripped. Is this a money making scheme by S&W?

I have been given conflicting information regarding M&P handguns. Can they be field stripped or not? Was told by one shop owner that they're not supposed to be field stripped. Is this a money making scheme by S&W?

That had to be a misunderstanding. That is just crazy.

If you have a gun that can't be field stripped, then it is most likely your kids have been screwing with it and super glue.

Good question to ask and what tools, if any are needed. Here is one of many videos on this subject from Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get one. Just never heard of such a thing. Always field stripped my weapons and thought it was odd not to break a weapon down for cleaning and maintenance.

Eight replies and no one asked the obvious.......What shop told you this?????

If the shop owner actually told you that, walk away, don't pass go, don't collect $200, just walk away.

This past Saturday a friend of mine showed me his brand new S&W M&P9 Pro series handgun. Safety checked it and field stripped it in seconds.

It can be field stripped in seconds with no tools. It can further be nearly totally disassembled with a punch and maybe a mallet in short time. Whoever told you that is either an idiot or there was some massive miscommunication.

Field stripped or detail stripped (i.e. complete disassembly)? Most manufacturers don't want the user going beyond a basic strip although I'm sure many of us do.

Back
Top Bottom