• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P Rumor... Anyone know if it is true?

I've heard from several sources that the MA version of the M&P will have a 10+ lb. trigger that cannot be replaced. I would doubt that S&W would manufacture a pistol that is completely different than the rest of the world for ONE state in the world basically. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this rumor?

Also, once approved would we be able to purchase one online and have it shipped and transfered at an FFL? Obviously it would have to have 10 round mags but I'm curious if we will be able to do so. Will it just depend on the FFL that is doing the transfer? I would think that we would be able to do this because the MA models don't have a specific model designation that is on the list. (Such as M&P MA .40 or M&P MA 9mm)

Yes that is true. According to our S&W rep they should be available sometime in Jan. The triggger group is simple to replace to get back to the 6lb or whatever it is. Google M&P trigger job and you will get lots of info.

Mark

When I was at S&W this week I tested a M&P .40, nice gun. I asked the guys that worked there when it would be ready but they didn't know. I asked if the MA trigger could be made normal again- they said sure, you can do what you want, they just wouldn't recommend doing it for CCW in MA. I'd doubt that S&W would do the work though!

I shot the M&P .40 up at Manchester Firing Line side by side with a Glock 19 - and I preferred the M&P by a small margin over the Glock. Unfortunately since the M&P is not available in this state (yet) my first purchase yesterday was a Glock 22. Have to wait and see how the M&P does when it comes out and maybe I will be adding another pistol to my collection.

Back
Top Bottom