• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P Question

So I have no experiance with the m&p pistols and recently picked one up, upon check the gun over. I noticed that the trigger bar can be moved over with the lightest touch. This causing the gun not to fire, this can also be duplicated by sticking finger up mag well

My concern is that the slightest about of debris or dirty, mag will cause this gun not to fire

So what Im asking is do your m&p's do this, My glock
Does not

M&P 45c with 5-6k rounds through it, in all types of classes and weather. No problems. I'll try to replicate what you are seeing, as I've never tried it.

I have not seen that with mine. I have the 9fs, 9c and 9 shield. I did a quick search, disclaimer my search skills suck and didn't see this specific issue on the SW forum. Best of luck!!

So I have no experiance with the m&p pistols and recently picked one up, upon check the gun over. I noticed that the trigger bar can be moved over with the lightest touch. This causing the gun not to fire, this can also be duplicated by sticking finger up mag well

My concern is that the slightest about of debris or dirty, mag will cause this gun not to fire

So what Im asking is do your m&p's do this, My glock
Does not

Your M&P is working as designed! This is how your trigger resets and why the pistol doesn't go full auto when you pull the trigger and hold it there. It is impossible for dirt or debris to keep this from happening (maybe not impossible, but it will most likely never happen to anyone you will ever meet) If you take the slide off the gun and flip it over, you can see the channel that the trigger bar rides in (the part that hits the USB)

My M&P 40 goes bang every time with any type of ammo. Don't think there's a reason to be concerned.

I do know that S&W and independent testing labs as well as various agencies that have reviewed the M&P for adoption have put the pistol through all kinds of torturous testing under very extreme conditions and the pistol has performed very well and reliably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned above, that is how it allows the sear to reset.

If you bend the trigger bar towards the center, it will give you a more positive trigger reset. And it helps prevent dead trigger which has been an issue with M&P in the past

That acts as the disconnector. The slide is machined to push the trigger bar off of the sear.
I doubt you'll be sticking your finger up the mag well when you are actually shooting the pistol.

Back
Top Bottom