• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P M2.0 Performance

As this version/customization is for 45 and the capacity is 10+1, I assume this gun is legal to possess in Massachusetts.
How would I be able to find this exact firearm? This would be an amazing purchase for me.
00ab8ddd3b8b11772690bf09c305d209.png

Gyazo

I have gotten used to it, but will get apex done at dome point

Same. At first, my M&P full size 9mm was a night mare. Hated it. Wanted to throw it in a trash can.
500-100 rounds later...not so bad, can live with it. Still is absolutely one of the worst triggers on a handgun imo. Can't wait to put an apex in.

I would love to own a 45 caliber handgun and if I can get a ported full size that would cross that off as well.

As this version/customization is for 45 and the capacity is 10+1, I assume this gun is legal to possess in Massachusetts.
How would I be able to find this exact firearm? This would be an amazing purchase for me.
00ab8ddd3b8b11772690bf09c305d209.png

Gyazo

There is no such thing as handguns that are illegal to posses in MA.

Are instructors that shitty or are they not teaching anything anymore?

I have a 5" m&p 2.0, love it. Good luck finding one right now lol

I just really would like a ported 45.
Also, the reason why I assume this would be hard to come by is because the other models are high capacity and therefore I don't see how they would make there way into MA anytime soon.
This being a 10 round capacity, I wondered if they made one that had the trigger pull for MA compliant. If so, could I request a dealer to order one to sell me?

This being a 10 round capacity, I wondered if they made one that had the trigger pull for MA compliant. If so, could I request a dealer to order one to sell me?

As far as I know most M&P performance models are not on the AG list which makes them far and few. In fact, a feature of the performance models is an enhanced trigger that would violate the 10Ib rule. On top of all this the 2.0 45 is still “new” and it usually takes S&W a while to roll out MA compliant models.

Btw I’m not saying it’s impossible to get one. I bought a M&P Pro CORE last summer but it took a lot of calling around/emailing to find a shop that has one. One alternative is to buy a base level used M&P and replace the trigger, then buy the PC Long slide online. I’ve seen them for the 9mm first gen and 2.0 so I assume people will start selling the .45 long slides when they’re available. You used to be able to buy them directly from M&P but that might’ve ended. Either way it’s probably worth a call to S&W. For what it’s worth they really are a great pistol and you should spend some time searching around if you’re willing.

As far as I know most M&P performance models are not on the AG list which makes them far and few. In fact, a feature of the performance models is an enhanced trigger that would violate the 10Ib rule. On top of all this the 2.0 45 is still “new” and it usually takes S&W a while to roll out MA compliant models.

Btw I’m not saying it’s impossible to get one. I bought a M&P Pro CORE last summer but it took a lot of calling around/emailing to find a shop that has one. One alternative is to buy a base level used M&P and replace the trigger, then buy the PC Long slide online. I’ve seen them for the 9mm first gen and 2.0 so I assume people will start selling the .45 long slides when they’re available. You used to be able to buy them directly from M&P but that might’ve ended. Either way it’s probably worth a call to S&W. For what it’s worth they really are a great pistol and you should spend some time searching around if you’re willing.

Okay, great to know. This is what I had thought. Also great advice, maybe that'll be a better route to take.

Again, as always, great to be in Massachusetts. What a shit show.

Back
Top Bottom