• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&p Apex Duty AEK install Help..

So.. after putting in some minor parts in my 10/22 i got the urge to install the AEK into my 9 myself........
so i got it all disassembled, put the spring and as im reacembling it, i come to find i have a part that i dont remember taking out of the gun, and have no clue what it goes too... It came out during the forward dis-assembly.
IMAG0100.jpg

Last edited:
BruceW, glad to hear you got it back together. APEX makes some great stuff. I've got got a 9L with the competition AEK, 40Pro with the FSS, and a 442 with their duty carry kit.

I have used Apex parts and found them to be well made and reliable, but I wouldn't put any of these parts in a carry gun. Such mods could create a legal nightmare.

I have used Apex parts and found them to be well made and reliable, but I wouldn't put any of these parts in a carry gun. Such mods could create a legal nightmare.

This issue has been [horse]. Shooting someone in self defense can create a legal nightmare.

I dont see how altering a gun to be in line with those sold in every other state of the union is causing a legal problem. Just because Martha likes to dictate to us what is "safe" for us proles doesn't mean she knows a damn thing about what shes talking about.

And just for the record, I put a DCAEK (DUTY CARRY action enhancement kit...designed for duty and carry use...) in my M&P40c. I also yanked out the ghey mag safety (Had the mag drop during dry fire drawing practice, only once, but it was enough), and now my gun has a 6.5lb pull that feels like 4.5, and no mag safety and subsequently no stupid lawyer-inspired billboard warning down the side.

mr-bill.jpg

Those parts are in my gun, because I want to have the best setup I can with the gun I choose to carry. Legal nightmares....well they mean nothing when your dead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom