M&P 9mm barrel supplier?

Anyone know any shops that have the factory 9mm (full length) M&P barrel in stock? I'm trying to find one online but everyone is out of stock.

Thanks!

if you really can't find it anywhere i bet you can buy a $40 blank and have some machine shop turn it down for you to spec. also try talking to remport - dealer here, look at dealer section, they could make one for you, i'm almost positive about.

if you really can't find it anywhere i bet you can buy a $40 blank and have some machine shop turn it down for you to spec. also try talking to remport - dealer here, look at dealer section, they could make one for you, i'm almost positive about.

I think it would be easier to buy a Storm Lake or a KKM if you can't find a factory one.

I think it would be easier to buy a Storm Lake or a KKM if you can't find a factory one.

+1. This isn't like a rifle barrel that just has to have right threads and the chamber in the right place. Semi-auto pistol barrels (at least in Browning style tilt barrel short recoil actions) are critical to reliable function in a number of ways.

I have the KKM barrel for my 40 and love it. It is however twice the price of a stock barrel and it has an extremely tight chamber. There's actually a recent thread on here about a user not being able to reload with lead bullets at all because he can't them to gauge. If your using factory ammo or reloading jacketed/plated its a great barrel.

I already have a KKM barrel, it doesn't work with my reloads. Tolerances are too tight for lead. I would also rather spend 70 for the factory barrel than 150+ for a Storm Lake.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I already have a KKM barrel, it doesn't work with my reloads. Tolerances are too tight for lead. I would also rather spend 70 for the factory barrel than 150+ for a Storm Lake.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Did you try EC's suggestion of loading shorter & shorter until they chamber? I had an issue with my storm lake barrel & some poly coated lead bullets. I had to load them shorter in the SL barrel. In the end I just switched to a more conventional shape plated or jacketed bullet. Another option is to have a gunsmith ream the chamber.

How odd it's so difficult to buy an M&P factory barrel.

Why would this be?

I have a KKM for my M&P9c but I think the original barrel may be the more accurate of the two (although the problem is most likely with the shooter).

But if anyone find a good source for OEM M&P parts, please post it.

Back
Top Bottom