M&P 45...Man is it sweet

Ooh - Ooh , Where did you buy it from? I didn't know the 45 had been passed as MA compliant yet.

I might have to buy one to keep the 9 and the 40 company.

Just picked it up tonight folks. MA Compliant with a normal trigger (6.5 lbs) because of the thumb safety.

Darn, have we waited for this one for awhile!!!

Pictures soon

I didn't know you could get the standard trigger with the thumb safety, good to know.

AND where did you get it?

Call Dennis at First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge, MA

I think he had seven earlier tonight and may be getting more on Friday.

I picked up the the black/puke green because I HAD TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!

Are they only trickling in in FDE or do they have ones with the thumb safety with black frame?

-Mike

Right now, only the full size versions are available in either black or mixed green/black.

The mid and compact won 't be available for awhile and worse will come with the MA awful trigger as they won't have the thumb safety.

Only thumb safety models include the normal 6.5 lbs trigger.

cant wait till the 45c comes out then. wonder what would be a better choice in a small gun th 40 or the 45.

Dumb question... what does the safety feel like? Does it "click" on and off like on a 1911; eg, does it have a positive detent to
it?

-Mike

One improvement over the 1911 is that the M&P .45 safety can be used even while loading and unloading the pistol. Neat feature!

So it will go on while un-cocked, and doesn't lock the slide? I'm not sure if that's a feature or mis-feature from my perspective.

Not sure why they can't sell them. They are on the LIST and Smith is telling Distributors they are good to go for MA compliance.

I've gotten a call from another dealer that they have them as well and are ready to go.

I was just at 4seasons, plus I talked to them on the phone this morning. S&W called them this morning and told them not to sell any. They said that it had something to do with some paperwork with the AG. That's all I know.

They took one in flat dark earth out for me and a couple of us were handling it and looking it over. I practically begged them to let me buy it, but they wouldn't. I don't imagine they would refuse a sale if they didn't have a good reason, even if it is based on misinformation.

I just got off the phone with the Ware gun shop and they said the same thing. S&W call and told them to pull them all until further notice. He said he thinks they will have an answer by tonight on whether they can start to sell them again.

His price was $569.

If Ware is pulling them (a huge S+W dealer) then something is
amiss.

Can someone post that "aw geez not this shit again" pic? Doesn't
martha coakley have some more family owned glue companies to
sue?

-Mike

Can someone post that "aw geez not this shit again" pic?

Ask and ye shall receive....Sadly.

not_this_shit_again.jpg

Back
Top Bottom