M&P 40 help

1903Collector

NES Member
After my less than happy experience with my M&P9 I decided to give it one more chance and purchaced an M&P40 compact. and it appears I have a problem with this gun, I loaded the magazine with two dummy/snap cap rounds, put one in the chamber and pulled the trigger, pulled the slide back and the dummy ejects. Slide moves forward and picks up the next round but the firing pin is still sticking out and it gets jammed under the protruding firing pin. Anyone have this problem? There is even something about it in the manual so it must be a problem they are aware of?

Not that anyone really cares, but my opinion of S&W ain't that good these days. It took three attempts to fix My M&P9 so I can just imagine how this will go [thinking] There QC seems to need some help. Is't too bad this seems like it would be a great carry gun, that's what I bought it for.

Last edited:
I have that same gun... Had that problem on the 1st 50 rounds...
also had rounds get jammed on the feed ramp.
I polished the feed ramp with some metal polish..fixed the jams on the feed ramp.... the other problem has not happened sense.
I just shot 250 rounds last weekend, no problems.
I don't know if the two are linked in any way, but my M&P .40 is fine now.....

The pin goes back in just as the slide goes into battery, pull the trigger and withdraw the slide and the pin remains in the fired position. I'm not even messing with it this time, I am taking it back to the dealer for an exchange. My past experience with S&W service department is pretty poor. Thanks

Walter.

Your experiences with S&W do not match mine. I've had to send three of the seven I own back for repairs or adjustments. They rebuilt the barrel assembly of my SW22A, installed a brand new cylinder in my M317, and fixed my Sigma, all within a week of shipment, at no charge.

Your experiences with S&W do not match mine. I've had to send three of the seven I own back for repairs or adjustments. They rebuilt the barrel assembly of my SW22A, installed a brand new cylinder in my M317, and fixed my Sigma, all within a week of shipment, at no charge.

Maybe I expect too much but when you send a gun back three times, and each time it comes back with the same problem something is not right....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom