M&P 2.0c

I believe that the Gen 1 and gen 2 mags are interchangeable. I've also fired some of the gen 2 full size guns and they are wonderful guns. Not carry guns, but they are tackdrivers and an absolute joy to shoot. I'll be picking one up when they get on the list. Not swapping out my G19, though. If I were you, I'd wait till the G2 c models come out. they are just better guns in all regards.

I enjoy my full size 2.0, probably one of my current favorites, super excited for 2.0c

And just so you now there are places to find them before they make the list, IMG_0229.jpg

I was leaning towards a Glock 17 Gen 5 but then heard mention of the M&P 2.0. The guts have apparently changed from Gen 3 to Gen 5 so spares are no longer a consideration. Biggest thing I was looking for was left hand use, so my son could use it easily; they both have the slide lock and mag release compliant.

The M&P is cheaper and it will free up coin for something else I saw - do we still need to swap out the trigger for a lighter one?

Do we like the M&P enough that I might sell my G26 Gen 3?

Small point on magazine interchangability/availability

The M&P 1.0 full size fits fine in the M&P 2.0. the 2.0C is not the same size as the 1.0C. The 2.0C comes with a sleeve so you can use full size mag in the 2.0C and extends the grip. The 2.0C comes with 15rd mags that are just shorter than the 17rd standard mags. Think glock 19 (2.0C) and glock 17 (2.0 full).

There are not yet 2.0C 10rd mags available. You will need to block the 15rd in a permanent way or use the full size mags with the sleeve.

Small point on magazine interchangability/availability

The M&P 1.0 full size fits fine in the M&P 2.0. the 2.0C is not the same size as the 1.0C. The 2.0C comes with a sleeve so you can use full size mag in the 2.0C and extends the grip. The 2.0C comes with 15rd mags that are just shorter than the 17rd standard mags. Think glock 19 (2.0C) and glock 17 (2.0 full).

This. S&W realized that the original C was a total flop. G19 length slide with g26 length grip = stupid design. The 2.0C is direct competition to the G19 and very similar dimensionally. As such the 1.0C mags won't fit because theyre shorter than the grip of the 2.0C. That's the ONLY mag interchangeability issue. If OP doesn't have 1.0C mags kicking around this will not be an issue at all. The lack of 10 rd 2.0C mags is probably why the 2.0C is not yet on the EOPS list.

I was leaning towards a Glock 17 Gen 5 but then heard mention of the M&P 2.0. The guts have apparently changed from Gen 3 to Gen 5 so spares are no longer a consideration. Biggest thing I was looking for was left hand use, so my son could use it easily; they both have the slide lock and mag release compliant.

The M&P is cheaper and it will free up coin for something else I saw - do we still need to swap out the trigger for a lighter one?

Do we like the M&P enough that I might sell my G26 Gen 3?

I have an M&Pc 2.0 here that pulls slightly above 5 lbs. The takeup is a tad gritty so an Apex USB is the only thing I'd even consider changing but most likely won't since it's not noticeable when shooting.

I'm sure the MA version will be all cucked up.

A 10 rounded G19 wannabe with a shitty trigger?

No thanks.

Just get a G19 that can actually carry 15 rounds or a 17 round mag and be done with it.

If you can't afford a Fully Metal Lined Drop Free Pre Ban G19 mag - just get a U notch.

After 25 years, a U notch may develop a crack but it will still work.

A 10 rounded G19 wannabe with a shitty trigger?

No thanks.

Just get a G19 that can actually carry 15 rounds or a 17 round mag and be done with it.

If you can't afford a Fully Metal Lined Drop Free Pre Ban G19 mag - just get a U notch.

After 25 years, a U notch may develop a crack but it will still work.

I'm not really worried about capacity when I buy a gun, for a few reasons.

1. I don't plan to live in MA for more than another ten years.
2. My normal carry guns are less than ten rounds even in free states.
3. Armed civilian self defense usually requires very few rounds.

I have the new M&P 2.0 Compact free state version and it's great. I owned and loved the G19 for a very long time but IMO this gun, so far, is a better option. The trigger is definitely improved. Not the best but equal to or better than a Glock trigger. Just my 0.02

I have an M&Pc 2.0 here that pulls slightly above 5 lbs. The takeup is a tad gritty so an Apex USB is the only thing I'd even consider changing but most likely won't since it's not noticeable when shooting.

If all you need is a usb mod it's cheaper to pull the original usb, clean out the channel, and break/round the the top edge a bit with a fine stone and polish the usb a little with 2000 grit wet paper or a polishing wheel. Just be careful not to lose the little disc under the sight when you remove it.

If all you need is a usb mod it's cheaper to pull the original usb, clean out the channel, and break/round the the top edge a bit with a fine stone and polish the usb a little with 2000 grit wet paper or a polishing wheel. Just be careful not to lose the little disc under the sight when you remove it.

Got some sights on the way and I'm going to clean it up a bit. Like I said though, not noticeable while shooting. It's a great gun, liking it more and more every time I shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom