• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P 2.0 Metal Frame Review

• Thread starter Deleted member 12999
  • Start date
Well…. I don’t get that weird astigmatism blur with it. It’s not auto adjust for brightness (which I can live with). The viewing area is better than my RMR. It takes the Leupold DPP mounting plate that comes with gun (#6) but uses the DP screws. The only real question is how rugged it is.

Trigger is fantastic out of box. I’m an Apex FSS fanboi, but I may not even make the switch.

See my above thoughts.

I put Talon sandpaper grips on my guns, so there really isn’t any level of ‘pokey’ that I’m uncomfortable with. Grip matters.
That’s what I’m interested in, it’s the durability.
I’ll just have to wait for a YouTuber to hammer nails with it for building his house

Stupid pokey? The whole point is traction. Train in the sun at least once you won't want soap bars ever again.
This.

Why is the grip/frame (grey cerakoted part in between the black texturing) sunken inward?
I’d want as much contact with the palm of my support hand with the grip/frame to maximize grip/control of the gun. Looks weird?

This.

Why is the grip/frame (grey cerakoted part in between the black texturing) sunken inward?
I’d want as much contact with the palm of my support hand with the grip/frame to maximize grip/control of the gun. Looks weird?

I’d have to look again when I get off work bro. In reality, I control my gun with leverage more than friction, but every little bit helps

I’d have to look again when I get off work bro. In reality, I control my gun with leverage more than friction, but every little bit helps
It looks like there's enough friction points where it'd work, right on the palm swell thing... course everyones hands are different

ETA: I do like the new M&P trigger, reminds me of apex glock trigger, at least smith finally got rid of the rubber band lever.

Inqont sugar coat it, if after all this time on NES you are still buying the MA version, you are an idiot.
Lol I don't mess with "MA version" anything. I mostly roll DA/SA and Maura approves the 25 lb first shot triggers.

It looks like there's enough friction points where it'd work, right on the palm swell thing... course everyones hands are different

ETA: I do like the new M&P trigger, reminds me of apex glock trigger, at least smith finally got rid of the rubber band lever.
Gotcha

I shot M&Ps in competition for years....but I truly love my 3913/14 frankengun and 5904 homebrew SSV - it seems like I keep finding threads where I need to say "S&W missed out on a DA/SA 4th gen"...

I've had this in my hand at a gun show. It definitely is better compared to the standard M&P. I like it. My former neighbor back in Mass works at S&W and he test fires all the new firearms. He told me he likes it so much he is going to buy one of the 5" Performance models.

The new M&P trigger on the SHIELD PLUS optics ready is fantastic. S&W did a great job with these new triggers.

Back
Top Bottom