• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P 2.0 Compact 9

Is this gun ever going to make the roster in MA? does anyone has any info? also can the gun be purchased out of state and fit a 10 round mag and would it make it ok to own if its not in the roster? this roster thing is so freaking confusing. any help would be appreciated thanks a lot.

You can own anything not an assault weapon. Never worry about the roster. That is a dealer problem not yours

The 2.0C comes with 15rd mags. There are no 10rders made yet. You can put the sleeve provided on a full size 10rder

You can own anything not an assault weapon. Never worry about the roster. That is a dealer problem not yours

The 2.0C comes with 15rd mags. There are no 10rders made yet. You can put the sleeve provided on a full size 10rder
I guess the question is where to find them? Im assuming the only way is to find a private seller then get the sleeve. or wait for them to make it MA compliant.

Thanks for the reply

I guess the question is where to find them? Im assuming the only way is to find a private seller then get the sleeve. or wait for them to make it MA compliant.

Thanks for the reply

The gun comes with 2 15rd mags and 2 sleeves for use with full size mags in the compact.

Today the gun is nice. ~5lb trigger, no safety. It can't be MA Compliant as currently built. You know that S&W will put a 10lb trigger in it before they sell it, even if they add a safety.

Good luck finding one. It is possible.

Looks like it is finally here! $400at FS.. .
Enjoy getting herded around like cattle at FS. I went there as a new gun owner not knowing any better. But now that I’m more seasoned, I’d much rather go to a shop like Northeast Arms in Peabody and not have to wait around forever and take a number and get in line like I’m at the deli counter....

But I digress.

I picked one up today from Bob's in Webster (great place by the way ). I am not sold on the gritty grip, but everything else is good. I may end up really sinking some money in to it and getting some trigger work and better sights but it is an improvement over the original.

I picked one up today from Bob's in Webster (great place by the way ). I am not sold on the gritty grip, but everything else is good. I may end up really sinking some money in to it and getting some trigger work and better sights but it is an improvement over the
I picked one up today from Bob's in Webster (great place by the way ). I am not sold on the gritty grip, but everything else is good. I may end up really sinking some money in to it and getting some trigger work and better sights but it is an improvement over the original.

Does Bobs have regular reg hours or by appt only?

I may look at the 3.6" version when it hits Mass, but I just picked up a basically brand new 1.0 version with an Apex kit already installed and trijicon HD night sights installed
for less than what the new 2.0 costs. That extra 1/2 " in the grip isn't worth the cost to me with a shitty 10 pound trigger that I have to redo. The 4" version is almost as big as the full size M&P
with a little bit of a shorter grip.
I'm thinking only G19 fans are going to really jump on these, I wasn't sold on it, maybe the 3.6 version will have me singing a different tune, but the 1.0 I just bought
is a tack driver.

I may look at the 3.6" version when it hits Mass, but I just picked up a basically brand new 1.0 version with an Apex kit already installed and trijicon HD night sights installed
for less than what the new 2.0 costs. That extra 1/2 " in the grip isn't worth the cost to me with a shitty 10 pound trigger that I have to redo. The 4" version is almost as big as the full size M&P
with a little bit of a shorter grip.
I'm thinking only G19 fans are going to really jump on these, I wasn't sold on it, maybe the 3.6 version will have me singing a different tune, but the 1.0 I just bought
is a tack driver.

I highly recommend taking a look at the 3.6". That's the gun they're going to bury me with.

I have a number of 1.0 M&P's, all with full Apex DCEAK's in them, and they're great. But the combination of the 2.0 texture, trigger, and balance of the 3.6" Compact makes it really stand out. I can't believe how well I like and how well I shoot this gun. I know you're not supposed to have a favorite child, but...

Any local reviews on the MA trigger on the 2.0 Compact? I'm at 70+ days and waiting on my LTC (almost 30 days at FRB), but I think this will be my issue day purchase.

Any local reviews on the MA trigger on the 2.0 Compact? I'm at 70+ days and waiting on my LTC (almost 30 days at FRB), but I think this will be my issue day purchase.

Mine was pretty bad. I felt it would take far too long to get used to it. I ended up putting an Apex kit in. It's a good shooter now but between having to fix the trigger, a grip wrap of some kind if you're ever going to carry it because that grip is nasty against your skin or clothes, I'm thinking I should have spent all that money up front and bought something better. Oh well .

Don't even touch it until the trigger is fixed. 4 Seasons will do the trigger job right when you buy it. Maybe consider the Sig P320c. They should be about the same size.

Although my duty pistol will eventually switch over from the M9 to the 320, it is a hard sell at almost $200 more and the looks column going to the M&P.

Back
Top Bottom