• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P 2.0 Apex trigger installation Issues.

I've got the M&P 2.0 compact I Installed trigger kit SKU #100-126 "Action Enhancement Polymer Trigger & Duty/Carry Kit for M&P M2.0 (and M&P 45) ". The trigger isn't resetting properly after I complete these steps.
Step 1. squeezing the trigger to the point the trigger bar pushes the "Forward Set Sear Actuator;"
Step 2. deactivating the trigger bar from the "Forward Set Sear Actuator" by pushing trigger bar to the right of "Forward Set Sear Actuator" and;
Step 3. releasing pressure on the trigger;
The trigger bar does return to the proper position when I'm near the wall as I'm squeezing the trigger again. My best guess to the problem is the kit does not come with an "APEX Forward Set Sear Actuator." has anyone had that problem?

not to be a wise ass but if i don't know what i'm doing with a trigger i don't monkey with it, it gets sent out. hopefully someone can get you set up right soon.

I've already emailed them and sent them videos hopefully they can help.

I've done a whole bunch of those triggers, and it can get a little tricky, particularly when you need to switch out Springs in the seer.

Its certainly more complex than glock triggers

I've done a whole bunch of those triggers, and it can get a little tricky, particularly when you need to switch out Springs in the seer.

Its certainly more complex than glock triggers
I instaled all apex parts... trigger, trigger spring. sear spring, sear, but the kit did not come with a Forward Set Sear Actuator. If that's a crucial component why not include it.

I learned something many years ago and it has served me well.

"If at first you don't succeed...Try Again."

That is to say; disassemble and try re-assembly again. Become a Student of Your gun. This time be slower and more attentive to instructions.

Disassembling/Assembling firearms should not be thought of as a "chore" but as a Labor of Love.
I envy you and hope you look forward to your Quest...

~Enbloc

If I'm reading Apex's parts list for a 100-126 kit correctly, it doesn't include a sear actuator. The last Apex kit I installed with one was for the forward set Apex trigger, not the Duty/Carry kit.

You've already emailed them - it may take a couple days for them to get through to yours, but they are very good at solving issues with their kits by email and phone.

ETA: The kit I was installing was the 100-154, Flat Forward Set Trigger.

Last edited:
I've got the M&P 2.0 compact I Installed trigger kit SKU #100-126 "Action Enhancement Polymer Trigger & Duty/Carry Kit for M&P M2.0 (and M&P 45) ". The trigger isn't resetting properly after I complete these steps.
Step 1. squeezing the trigger to the point the trigger bar pushes the "Forward Set Sear Actuator;"
Step 2. deactivating the trigger bar from the "Forward Set Sear Actuator" by pushing trigger bar to the right of "Forward Set Sear Actuator" and;
The trigger bar does return to the proper position when I'm near the wall as I'm squeezing the trigger again. My best guess to the problem is the kit does not come with an "APEX Forward Set Sear Actuator." has anyone had that problem?

I assuming you read the Note on Apex's web site. Tuning the trigger bar was common on M1.0, but sounds like it isn't resetting properly based on your description. Are you sure you didn't bend it while installing the new trigger?

On the M&P 45 (this does not apply to the M2.0), you may need to make an adjustment to the trigger bar loop for proper function. If you should need to tune your trigger bar, please follow the instructions on the following video: Trigger Bar Loop Adjustment Video

Notes
This kit REQUIRES the use of the larger 1/8 inch sear spring and plunger set up. If your M&P has a 1/16th inch diameter sear plunger and spring, we strongly advise you upgrade to a new style sear housing block before installing this product. All function and reliability testing was done with a 1/8 inch sear plunger and spring, therefore we cannot guarantee proper function without the appropriate size sear plunger and spring. Modern sear housing blocks can be found on Brownells.com and other online firearms product retailers.

Isn't that because this specific sku is not compatible with forward set sear and trigger kits?

OP-
read your description a few times. still not clear what is abnormal.
regardless you nudge the trigger bar to the side then let off the trigger it shoudl reset...if not then something is F'ed, probably the trigger bar itself or you've got the trigger spring installed incorrectly
take it to a qualified smith or install the OEM trigger

I assuming you read the Note on Apex's web site. Tuning the trigger bar was common on M1.0, but sounds like it isn't resetting properly based on your description. Are you sure you didn't bend it while installing the new trigger?

On the M&P 45 (this does not apply to the M2.0), you may need to make an adjustment to the trigger bar loop for proper function. If you should need to tune your trigger bar, please follow the instructions on the following video: Trigger Bar Loop Adjustment Video

Notes
This kit REQUIRES the use of the larger 1/8 inch sear spring and plunger set up. If your M&P has a 1/16th inch diameter sear plunger and spring, we strongly advise you upgrade to a new style sear housing block before installing this product. All function and reliability testing was done with a 1/8 inch sear plunger and spring, therefore we cannot guarantee proper function without the appropriate size sear plunger and spring. Modern sear housing blocks can be found on Brownells.com and other online firearms product retailers.
Possibly; have you done any installs on the 2.0?

Back
Top Bottom