M&M's Plimoth Bay Outfitters-Plymouth, MA

None of us are in business to play "lets make a deal".
Many times I have had a potential customer say someone else is cheaper.
That may be true.
But I am better. I let them know that.
I heard a guy say once: "Good aint cheap, cheap aint good. I'm neither."
I like that.

FWIW, I have always had nothing but the best experiences at Mass Bay.

It wasn't just the price I don't mind spending a little more for convenient but the attitude from the beginning and you are trying to tell me they don't haggle when they buy these used guns they just give you what you think our gun is worth.

None of us are in business to play "lets make a deal".
Many times I have had a potential customer say someone else is cheaper.
That may be true.
But I am better. I let them know that.
I heard a guy say once: "Good aint cheap, cheap aint good. I'm neither."
I like that.

FWIW, I have always had nothing but the best experiences at Mass Bay.

I was there Wednesday to have them do a transfer. Nothing but a pleasant and fun time!!

Also it only cost me $20.

Fred

Personally, I'm a very picky customer. Plym Bay. Is one of ony 3 gun shops in Mass I regularly shop. Most shops around these parts are "one visit and done". Never to return.
Plym. Bay are nice and knowlegeable, and when I have one of my strange requests.... they take the time to find an answer.
Not bad at all.

Plymouth Bay Outfitters

I bought my stripped AR lower there a few months back. The woman who helped me and the man she was working with were both very helpful. Gave me some tips on building and asked if I needed help locating other parts at the time.

Overall one of my better transactions/encounters so far. But they did try telling me putting a foregrip on an AR would be breaking a law. I just nodded and smiled.

9/10 would purchase from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime you tell someone you can buy it over there for less, you know what they are going to tell you, so save your breath for hot soup [wink]
They use to have better prices years ago when they were at Cordige Park.....must be their overhead and quantity of sales. I have only bought a couple of guns from them in the past 20 years. I got a long gun off the gal about 10 yrs ago, she was very nice....

If you think the customer service at M&M is bad go to Richie's...

However the service at M&M IS bad. I've been there 3 times/strikes. Once with a buddy who was buying reloading supplies and even as an uninvolved observer I was appalled at what passed for cust. service there.

The second time I was doing a transfer with someone who lives on the Cape so it was just a convenient location. That time it was like pulling teeth just to get someone to tear themselves away from whatever they are doing JUST to do a transfer. Literally acting like it was beneath them and just generally having an attitude any time we had to speak or I dared ask a question about a gun in the case.

The third/last time I was out making the round of local shops with $1000 burning a hole in my pocket looking for "the" gun. It was out there, I was coming home with a new gun PERIOD, I just had to find it first. I was as sure as a "sure thing" can be to anyone who, had what I wanted, god knows that list is huge so it could have been anything, and wasn't a dick. So I looked around the case a little handled a pistol or two and then I looked up at the half-dozen ARs on the wall... When I saw one I liked and asked to see it they said "Why?" I said "Excuse me?" (very politely as I was too shocked to have an attitude) To which he replied "Why do you need to see it? What do you want to know about it?" At which point I just started laughing, took the $1000 out of my pocket and showed it to him and then turned and walked out never to return. Keep in mind this was about 2 yrs ago when $1000 could still buy an AR.

Now I'm an easygoing guy. I'm polite. I was raised with manners, etc... I don't just walk in to a place and have an attitude or act like I own the joint just because I'm a customer. But by the same token I expect to at least be treated respectfully when I walk in to your establishment with the intention of spending a fairly sizable amount of money, lets face it how often do you spend less than $100 at a gun shop and then only if your just getting ammo for the day, never mind a $1000 on something you don't even need. Need being a relative term of course lol...

Fortunately now I have Village Sports rite near by. In the future I would gladly go there and pay the fee before I would drive to M&M and split it...

I had a good ammo buy experience there last week. The sign on the way in the door made me grin ear to ear. (Grinning now thinking back to it. ) They had a few shotguns I'm interested in, but prices were a bit higher than I could handle at the time. I'm going to get there whenever I can and look around. Solid "A" store. Will return.

Service was great today. The two guys in the shop were quick, attentive, did my transfer, and answered all questions. They may come off as non-caring or abrasive, but I'm sure they deal with a lot of BS on main street in town. They have window lickers in there 90% of the time. One of a few places that stock reloading dies, powders, and primers. Scored a box of 454 Casuul for $26. Transfers are $20, cheapest ANYWHERE.

So let me get this right they are great if you want to do a transfer because they are only 20 bucks but if you want to spend 600 or so on a gun they are not that pleasurable to deal with and their prices are high. That's what I seem to be getting fom these responses.

Well they could not be there at all. People can pay $50+ per transfer from another shop that is even worse. Everyone loves to complain about something.

I poked around their gun cases today, they had a Ruger stainless 1911 for <$800, and a bodyguard for $320, SW 500's for $1k, seemed normal to me.

So let me get this right they are great if you want to do a transfer because they are only 20 bucks but if you want to spend 600 or so on a gun they are not that pleasurable to deal with and their prices are high. That's what I seem to be getting fom these responses.

No you do not get it!! I have bought new and used guns and C&R guns from them thru out the years and NEVER had an ISSUE with anyone that works in that gun shop.

The owner Pete, Judy or Dave.

Fred

I do get it!! I put this out there because of the way I felt I was treated and to see if it was out of the norm and there seems to be more than a couple of other people also had some bad experiences there. Sorry Flotter if Pete,Judy andDave are friends of yours just stating the facts.

They don't have the best prices, but they are competitive.
They do have the cheapest transfers and they are good people and hard workers.

They don't motivate me to drive all the way down, but if someone said they were going there I would support it.

I do get it!! I put this out there because of the way I felt I was treated and to see if it was out of the norm and there seems to be more than a couple of other people also had some bad experiences there. Sorry Flotter if Pete,Judy andDave are friends of yours just stating the facts.

Friends, no I buy guns there and do transfers. Like I have most every other gun shop that have or has been around for the past 30 or so yrs.

I give respect and got respect!!!

And that is the way I ran my gun shop.

Fred

Last edited:
One thing I think people should understand is that M&Ms is on a main street in a fairly busy shopping/tourist area with all kinds of people. I'm sure they get many different types of people coming in wandering around through their store on any given day. Most of which probably have zero intentions on buying anything let alone an interest in firearms.

Sure they don't have the best prices but they've always had a selection that caters to every crowd ever since I've been going there. I've gotten some great deals from them and always stop in when I'm in the area.

I have bought guns and supplies there many times. Never had a problem, the prices are a little higher but not spending a ton of time and gas driving to 4seasons or others offsets it.

I'm sure they get many different types of people coming in wandering around through their store on any given day. Most of which probably have zero intentions on buying anything let alone an interest in firearms.

I live in Plymouth and next time I go in there i'll remember to wear this. Then they'll know I mean business.

21cxmif.jpg

Been there several times. And, they always have been kind and helpful. They do get alot of window shopers from what I've seen. The only negative feeling I've gotten from them was when I was delayed. Got delayed, walked Main St. for an hour or so, had lunch, and went back. Was still delayed, so I had to cancel the purchase. There was nothing negative said, but the warm feeling suddenly left the room. I can kinda understand. The whole paperwork and everything involved, just to have me cancel. I did tell them it wasn't them, it was the state. If I lived closer, I would have waited, but I found the same firearm I was looking for closer to home, and only $20 more. I would have spent more in gas to pick it up in Plymouth.

Well guess I have to update my previous positive post and change it negative.

Stopped in this morning, got insulted and treated like crap, guess I went over the two question limit, then the guy ignored me for ten minutes. I waited, the lady eventually finished with her customer then helped me.
But at least I wasn't the only one who got the same sort of service. The guy was down-right abusive to another customer.

I know things are difficult. They are tough for us all, but I have to draw the line when treated like that. I will choose to spend my hard earned money elsewhere. It's kinda sad too because I liked the place and it was right down the street.

I agree with David and had a similar experience recently. I was a repeat customer and bought 2 handguns from there, dealing both times with Peter. A couple of weeks ago I was in there with my son and I was interested in an SKS he was taking in on a trade and he was a rude jerk to me. He's never been terribly friendly but I decided after this instance that my money was going elsewhere. Plenty of other places out there.

I went in the shop a few weeks ago to check out what was going on, I had a few things in mind I wanted to look at, a safe, eye and ear protection, gun prices, etc, I told the folks I didn't have a license and was just looking to get a feel for the place, they were ok with me knowing I was just window shopping, I got some pointers about the town clerk and the process, but when I mentioned the persons name that was giving me the safety class I got a quick change of attitude, they clearly didn't like the person and started trashing, I really didn't care for that much, here I am just getting into this and already find some dark side, needless to say I won't be going back anytime soon, I am very much into customer service and professionalism in the work place, it seems there is already enough hate directed toward the world of firearms, the one place I would expect not to hear it would be in a firearms shop.

Tim [grin]

Was in Plymouth for a weekend vacation and 1st time in the shop. Been looking for a cheap .22 handgun for range plinking and was happy to find M&M had what I think was a well priced, good condition Ruger Standard. I don't typically chitchat and didn't have many questions so the entire process was quick and painless. Guys were great, dealt mainly with Peter, and I will visit again whenever I am in the area.

I've visited the shop maybe 10 times since April of this year and no complaints I've asked a lot of questions as I'm a new shooter and never had any issues with anyone in the shop. I would recommend them!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have been back to the shop a few times since I got my LTC and the attitude has totally changed for the better, I have gotten a few good deals on ammo and equipment, guess they just don't care for window shoppers all that much, I can understand that but it don't change my view on customer service from the get go, it will take a while to purge the bad experience, but I'll give them a shot at it.

Tim

I will have to give them a thumbs up. I bought my first gun there, when I first got my LTC, back in 08. My wife and I bought in her 10-22, for some work, last summer. They did a good job for short money.

I have been in there probably 10 times this year and purchased a few hundred dollars in ammo. They were always friendly and more than willing to answer any questions that I had asked

Back
Top Bottom