M&M's Plimoth Bay Outfitters-Plymouth, MA

No, they don't have a website.

I like them. When I'm visiting a friend out in Plymouth we almost always go over to see them. They are in the back of a Sporting Good store. They have a lot of knives, really old revolvers. A lot of rifles. A decent selection of pistols. The guys there are really nice and helpful.

They don't really have much in the way of reloading supplies. A lot fo shotgun parts and the like. Holsters...Mostly Unlce Mikes. TONS of cleaning supplies and targets.

And that's about all I can remember right now.

Prices aren't that bad either.

FPrice said:
I like chocolate no matter where it is. Were they peanut or plain M&M's?

:D

Raflmao.gif
Raflmao.gif
Raflmao.gif

Can you give directions for us way out here in Western Mass?

(and I will refrain from chocolate comments - :( )

Thanks for the welcome aboard. I'll post a hello in the general forum.

Directions...get on rte 3 south heading toward cape cod...get off at exit 9...make a right onto rte 3a south...about 3 miles in plymouth center on the right.

Plymouth is kinda cool if you've never been there. Some tourist things like Mayflower, etc.

I thought they were a good shop. Some nice used glocks. Not beat up either. Not sure it would be worth the ride from western mass though.

I've agreed w/what I read about four seasons (GREAT!) and weymouth hunter shop (STINKS). Didn't see a review of M&M so figured I'd ask.

[wink]

I've purchased two guns from them and had a third gun transferred to me through them. They've always been fabulous. Recognised me the second time I walked in the door. Didn't talk down to me because I was a woman. Took my opinions into consideration while we were looking for the pistols. I'd definitely go back to them in a minute.

I've bought pistols, rifles, and shotguns from them and enough youth hockey gear to equip the Mighty Ducks. They've always been courteous and helpful.

M&M had a bigger selection of pistols when they were at Cordage Park, but that was back in those scary days before Tom Reilly decided to protect us from handguns.

I work in Plymouth and stop in there once in a while. They have lots of stuff there but I think their prices are a little on the up side.

If you can get to downtown Plymouth, you;ll find them ok. They;re right in the center of the downtown district, one block up the hill from the waterfront and Plymouth Rock.

UPDATE: Well, I brought a newbie down there this weekend who picked up a Glock 17 2nd Generation. Fair price.

They have a very decent selection of rifles. More than Four Seasons though the prices are higher. Good selection of Pistols. Lot's of Airsoft stuff, if your into that.

I picked up some ammo too. Ammo prices are a little high.

I used to be a regular there but their prices are too high. I don't bother with them any more as the owner put me off. This was a couple years back and I had probably bought 6 firearms from them in as many months and even brought my GF there to buy her Beretta. I had an old milsurp rifle (hakim) on layaway for about a month and went in one day to see if I could trade a winchester 1400 with a folding stock and pistol grips as well as a preban P99 high cap mag towards getting that hakim out of layaway. I owed him 150 bucks and had hoped my trade ins may be enough to cover it. Well he snubbed my pristine shotgun and tried to offer me 65 bucks for it and then told me he'd go 25 on the high cap mag. He said he only gets 35-40 bucks for the mags. The high cap cost me 125.00 which was the going price around here when you could find one for sale. Maybe I'm nuts but wouldn't you make a bit more of a fair offer to a repeat customer that actually spent money and not just put fingerprints on the guns? He could have made money on both the SG and the mag and I would have gone home happy with the hakim and kept going back for more.

The rest of the help there were helful and I enjoyed shooting the bull with them and they knew my name when I came in. My last dealing with them left a sour taste in my mouth and I haven't been back since.

C-

I went there today, seemed like a nice place with nice folks running it. very knowledgable about the rifles I checked out, and they had a wide selection of ammo including 2 bandoliers of British 303 on stripper clips that I grabbed for $15 each. The rifles I looked at were priced average. A few at pretty good prices for a gun shop, i've seen the same go for much higher around my area.

My wife and I went there a few months back to check out their holster prices. I wasn't impressed with the high prices but the people working there seemed nice. Too rich for my blood. I'll go back but won't make a special trip.

It's funny you guys are saying his prices are high, I found his prices were better than Hunter's Trading Post. Of course, Four Seasons blows them both out of the water, if you want a little drive.

I was happy with the prices. Worth a 40 min trip from the Cape. Answered my questions, and the AK selection was great.

gail-s said:
It's funny you guys are saying his prices are high, I found his prices were better than Hunter's Trading Post. Of course, Four Seasons blows them both out of the water, if you want a little drive.
My wife and I drove out to Ware,MA last year to buy a S+W 1911 and a PPK-S new. It was well worth the extra drive. We'd do it again in a second to save that much money. We're not rich by any stretch of the imagination. :D

I was in their recently looking for some gun grease and saw a SIG 239 for $1,000! Holy mackerel! Several other pistols and mags were priced just as outrageously.

I was looking for Tetra Grease, and the woman said they could order a 1 oz tube for me for $13! I bought 2 tubes from Brownell's for $12 shipped.

Last year I was buying a rifle and was checking local ffls for their transfer fees. M&M was listed as $25 on G.A. I called to double check, and the guy told me the transfer fee on any item over $100 (yup- one hundred) would be 10% of the Blue Book value. So a $1,000 firearm, which has the same paperwork as a $100 firearm, would cost $100 to transfer. All set with that.

Oh, and the WWB 9mm that's $11 and change at WalMart? $17+ at M&M.

I bought one of my first guns from them at thier 2nd store in Hanover, I remember thier "old" store at cordiage park, then they moved to thier "new" store at cordiage park, now they have moved to the current location in plymouth center. I recall some of thier prices were kinda steep, but other stuff was reasonable. But honestly I've not been in the new store too many times, really don't have much I need since I started playing with MG's.

M&M Plimoth Bay Outfitters?

Did I catch them at a bad time, or are they really this dishonest?

First off, they were handling one half of a trade deal. They send off their FFL to me and I send out my half of the trade after receiving it. Then, I get a phone call saying that they have "no idea" what to do with the pistol I sent them. After I explained to them that they were handling a transfer, and that's why they sent me an FFL copy, they told me that it's "Massachusetts Law" that they need a notarized statement saying that I owned this pistol prior to 10-21-98 to prove that it's grandfathered. Well, I'd be lying since I bought it used AFTER that date, although the dealer I bought it from got the original paperwork from the person who traded it to them. They would never break the law and deal with the AG's office. Too bad I couldn't get it from them, since they closed up. I told them that I was the officer on the PD who specialized in MA gun laws, and there is NOTHING in MGL about "notarized statements". The woman I was speaking with then hung up on me!

I then call them back and speak with a man, apparently the owner. He tells me that I have to drive out there and pick the gun up because they wouldn't handle the transfer! Sorry, but I legally shipped a handgun to these idiots, after they sent me an FFL so they could receive shipment. Just because they change their minds doesn't mean I'm going to drove from W. Mass out to Plymouth! I told them that they could compensate me for my gasoline and time, then I would come out to pick it up, but they said it was not their problem. I told them it was their problem now, since they now legally have the gun!

Not only are they horrible to deal with for transfers, but they also break Postal Regulations and ship handguns Parcel Post. I informed him that he has to use Priority Mail, according to postal regs, or that's just an excuse for the PO not to cover a lost, stolen or damaged handgun with an insurance claim because their rules weren't followed. He told me that he "has an FFL and can ship any way he feels like it". Then, to top it all off, he says he wants nothing to do with this deal and just wants to ship the pistol back to me! I said: "You're not willing to transfer a legal handgun, but you are willing to break Federal and State laws and Postal regulations and ship a handgun to a non-licensee?" He said yes, and said I had to pay for shipping. Fine, I gave him a CC number and will square away with the other party in the trade. So, I received a handgun, illegally, in the mail today.

To top it all off, I decided to check my CC account activity to see if he really only charged the actual amount of shipping like he said he would. Nope. It cost him $8.60 to ship it, and he charged my CC $12. I called him today to ask why he charged me extra, and he said he had to cover his cost to enter it in his book. So, he was willing to enter it into his books and "transfer" it back to me, but he wouldn't transfer it back to another person to complete the deal. I'm willing to bet he didn't do the required NICS check before shipping it back to me, either.

I went to the indoor range at the gun club on saturday night. A younger guy there said he bought a S&W 642 out East while visiting a friend a few weeks ago, and it was broken. Being new, he went back to the shop, where they took 2 hours to "fix" it, then sent him on his way. As soon as he tried it out, he found the timing was still off. So, he called the dealer and asked him to take care of it. This dealer said it's "against MA law for a dealer to handle a broken gun, or even contact the manufacturer. It's up to the purchaser to handle the repair". Funny, it was also M&M who found this completely unheard of "Massachusetts Law" about a gun shop not being able to legally stand behind the products they sell!

If anyone else has had any experiences with these idiots, I'd love to hear about it.

Last edited:
I've been there a few times and have a friend that deals with them all the time. Only firearms I bought off them was an 1891 Argentine Mauser with bayonet for a great price.

M & M Plimoth Bay Outfitters Plymouth, MA

M & M Plimoth Bay Outfitters (508) 747-6338, 6 Main St Plymouth, MA

Bought my first gun here the day I recived my LTC. I love this shop and wanted to know what you guys thought?

Forgot to do a search before I entered this post. But I will say that this store is pretty much the only joint I like to go to. They are all great people. The owner like so many gun shop owners is a little rough but he isnt a bad guy. The lady and the other Gent' that works there are both great to deal with. Their prices on ammo are on both sides of the fence but you can get an extra box here and there from them if you by a few boxes. They have done a few FFL transfers for me and they have been a breeze to work with. I really like the store and would like to find another one like it. I still haven't been to Four Seasons because of the distance but I will make sure to take a ride up there soon.

Funny, it was also M&M who found this completely unheard of "Massachusetts Law" about a gun shop not being able to legally stand behind the products they sell!

If anyone else has had any experiences with these idiots, I'd love to hear about it.

Sorry to hear about your issues w/this shop. I generally like it. However, re mis-information, I was told by the lady there that the "Boston Law" was no more than eight rounds. I have been told by several people that this is incorrect.

Went by there today to get my M&P trigger worked on. Quick, friendly, efficient, and knowledgable service and plenty of accessories and firearms available. Firearms prices ranged from competitive to average. Ammunition was a bit on the high side. But they had plenty of large rifle targets which I stocked up on, harder to find in the Boston area.

Forgot to do a search before I entered this post. But I will say that this store is pretty much the only joint I like to go to. They are all great people. The owner like so many gun shop owners is a little rough but he isnt a bad guy. The lady and the other Gent' that works there are both great to deal with. Their prices on ammo are on both sides of the fence but you can get an extra box here and there from them if you by a few boxes. They have done a few FFL transfers for me and they have been a breeze to work with. I really like the store and would like to find another one like it. I still haven't been to Four Seasons because of the distance but I will make sure to take a ride up there soon.

I go there quite often and have dropped some good $$$ over the past couple of years. Judy and Dave are always helpful and good to me. I have not dealt with the owner much so can't comment on him at this point.

B13

m&m plymouth bay outfitters

great store, i bought 2 new guns there,ruger red label and browning bar .338,they sold them at about $200 below retail.they are always freindly and helpfull.[rockon]

Back
Top Bottom