• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&M's Plimoth Bay Outfitters-Plymouth, MA

A buddy picked up some 45ACP on Sat. Little pricy, but they had what he needed. Folks behind the counter were very helpful when I asked if they had a new SW model 36 in stock. Did not have it, but will go back again.

I live in that part of MA and so have made several visits and purchases there. They have one of the best selections of long arms in the area and their prices are at least competetive. I find all of the employess to be exceedingly friendly every time; always willing and able to carry on a pleasant, intellegent conversation about any gun you're interested in. More than anything else however, they're always candid. I once asked one of the clerks if he felt the Mossberg 590 (being a combat gun) was more than was necesssary for HD. He said probably yeah, that the standard 500 A would be more than adequate. Now that's an honest answer that meant what $150 difference in my favor?

M&M is great, I actually just bought my first gun there yesterday, a Ruger SR9, price was good at $454.00.

Their prices aren't always the best, but I would gladly pay a few extra bucks for the customer service, plus they're my local shop being around the corner from me, so I prefer to support them.

They really are some great folks there.

These guys are GREAT! I just bought another handgun from them ( M&P 40) and Judy did all the paperwork for me so all I had to do was come in and sign the forms. They also swapped out some .223 ammo that was not working well in my AR for FREE. They all know me and make me feel like a valued customer whenever I come in. I could save a few bucks by running around to other shops but the customer service is too good to pass up and it's 2 miles from my house.

$100 is crazy. May have been two guns. At FS that would be $80.00. M&M charges sales tax on transfers. I never do incoming transfers through them for that reason.

Last edited:
$100 is crazy. May have been two guns. At FS that would be $80.00. M&M charges sales tax on transfers. I never do incoming transfers through them for that reason.

Didn't he show you the excerpt from the GOAL newsletter, which explains it is proper procedure?

Not sure who "he" is that you're referring to. I simply said I won't do a transfer at M&M because they charge sales tax. There are many many dealers who don't. In fact I've never done an incoming transfer at M&M. I've purchased several guns from them and think it's a great shop despite the sales tax charge.

mostly a lurker on this site, go to m&m often since its close by. they are very helpful and knowledgeable. i enjoy going in their and parusing...

Went their this past weekend and saw wasr 10 for $600. They had good prices on riffles a few years back but now its gotten a tad out of hand.

I bought a ruger lcr their recently. It was a good price. I sent them an email to see if they had an lcr and they responded fast. Some places don't respond or are slow. I was very happy with them and would go their again. Now the traffic, thats another thing. I just happened to go on a day their was a parade or something, nightmare.

I was there last weekend looking for some decently priced 9x18. No such luck. They had some but it was way too pricey.

Ended up buying 1 each of large and small dessicant packs for the safe now that the humid weather is coming.

The dealer there tried to tell me that C&R handguns were not exempt from the firearms act of 98. I pointed out where to find it in the state laws and he wouldn't even read it. I also think their new guns are too expensive.

my experience with M&M was great!!!! i went in there to trade in my Beretta 92FS (wich i miss dearly) and was a little disapointed that he only offered me $300.but thats the only complaint i have, if you would even call it one.great selection of new and used firearms. And for the people that have never been and will go in the future my advice to you is dont walk in and have a pissing contest with the people behind the counter and you wont get an attitude. i dont know what it is with gun shops around in MA. if its such a burden to sell guns then dont.

if i had the know how id love to sell guns.i can talk about guns all day. kinda why i just reg on these forums :)

I called m&ms the othor day and they said they have unissued yugo 59/66 sks rifles for sale for 440is that a bad price. do they have anygood rifle sales rite now.Are they getting any nicer in there also.

I havn't been their in a while , but plan on it soon. Last time i went , wich was April, they had a pretty decent selection of rifles. As for the SKS, that sounds about right.A factory new WASR 10 ( Romainian AK47) is about $400 depending on where you get it.

300.00 for a 92fs on trade is not that bad. Figure new italian made 92fs with 2 mags and a free holster and tax is about 600.00 from ^%&**((. I was looking through the bluebook online the other night seeing what these are priced at for a friend most 92 and the variants run about 400-475 @ 95% condition. There are some special run and odd variants that bring more though.

PS........going to M&M this time of year is frustrating, no parking. Traffic is horrible I go in when I am down that way and have sometime. No money to play with right now so I have not been anywhere lately.

M&M has the best selection of targets or so they did last trip up.

Last edited:
300.00 for a 92fs on trade is not that bad. Figure new italian made 92fs with 2 mags and a free holster and tax is about 600.00 from ^%&**((. I was looking through the bluebook online the other night seeing what these are priced at for a friend most 92 and the variants run about 400-475 @ 95% condition. There are some special run and odd variants that bring more though.

PS........going to M&M this time of year is frustrating, no parking. Traffic is horrible I go in when I am down that way and have sometime. No money to play with right now so I have not been anywhere lately.

M&M has the best selection of targets or so they did last trip up.

Shoot me message next time you want to go to M&M during this time of year, I live around the corner (5 minute walk), you can park by my apartment and not have to worry about trying to find a spot near by.

Great shop its local to me, parking does suck, ammo is on the pricey side, I'd say the gun prices are competitive I've made multiple purchases from there and service is always friendly and helpful.

my dad just bought a chinese sks rifle from M&Ms and the tigger is mest up. He want to return it and exxhange it for a diffent chinese sks rifle will they do this.

whats wrong with the trigger? is the trigger group installed correctly. Im sure they can help you out, dont delay on returning to the store. Call them.

I like them. You have to know your prices, sometimes they have good prices sometimes a little more expensive than other places. Usually they are about 12% to 14% over dealer cost. If you buy there usually you would spend the difference in gas driving somehwere with better prices.
As far as the people I have nothing but good things to say. Pleasent, knowledgable and helpful.
I just bought a S&W M642 at a very good price only $15.00 over the bigger places north of Boston.

I stopped by late today, planning on making a quick purchase of a box of .40 ammo. Made the mistake of glancing at the S&W 9mm's for sale and saw a brand new 3913 TSW. I have been searching for a used 3913, but could not pass on this gun as the price was excellent. I left with it and a lot of ammo. The shop has a nice selection of guns and ammo and I was very pleased with all details of the transaction.
Peter and the other person working today were very pleasant and helpful. I may have to go back soon as I forgot the .40 ammo. At least that's the excuse I will give my wife. LOL

I finally stopped by there this past weekend to check it out. Large shop with a good selection, definately a long gun shop if you are in the market. I was looking for reloading supplies primarily (due to the high cost of shipping and trouble finding vendors online). 1000 rounds of 115gr 9mm fmj for $140.00.... Powder for $25.00 a lb. Looks like I will keep on looking for affordable reloading supplies. I looked over the pistol prices and thought they were middle of the road ( a S&W 642 for $499.99 with regular grips).
I tried striking up a conversation about sig, glock and m&p .40 but I got a very cold shoulder.
I could see myself going back for accessories and or a long gun ( couple of ar platforms for short money). But I will continue my new handgun purchase from Four Seasons and NFS.

Just Moved to Plymouth from Winchester and went in to ask about a shotgun transfer....The guy was helpful but the woman would not make eye contact and seemed to be annoyed. Then I find out that he charges a transfer fee of 20% of the price of the weapon up to $100 AND Sales tax. I did not go further with the conversation on that and the Shotgun will be coming from CSMC...so I am looking at a plus or minus $350 transfer fee. Will ask about them at my Mornings at Plymouth R and G...looks like I will see Carl at Four Seasons who has done transfers for me for a flat $40. Also will check the law on sales tax....Got my own thoughts about that gouge.

Back
Top Bottom