• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&M's Plimoth Bay Outfitters-Plymouth, MA

M&M

I have been to M&M many times and overall my experience has been good. I can only say that at times the staff really needs to slow down before snapping out an answer because in my case they have been wrong both times and I needed to correct them but it was like pulling teeth for an awkward moment. I do like the staff but I guess after all the time spent with guns I find most people develope a bit of a know-it-all attitude.
I will keep going back as they are pretty good but you do have to know what you are doing

I like to stop in once a week, mostly on a crowded saturday. Seeing all the tourist morons out antiquing and then happening in to a gun shop is priceless. What is great though is that most people stay and look around. I really like the staff, they've always been friendly and courteous. Which is all I expect out of anyone in retail.

I bought my AK from M&M back in the summer of 08. It was priced well for the time I got it. They were helpful and they did have quite a few rifles. I haven't been back since but I do intend on going back when I'm in the area. There's only so much you can do in Plymouth expecially when I need to take an hour drive for it.

I haven't been back since but I do intend on going back when I'm in the area. There's only so much you can do in Plymouth expecially when I need to take an hour drive for it.

Do you go by the backroads through Rochester/Carver? To me its not that bad of a drive that way. About thirty five minutes.

I always eat at Sam Diego's when I'm there and check out the antique places for an occasional surplus find like slings, bayonets, etc.

I usually stop by M&M when I'm on the mainland.I've got some good deals from them,usually things on consignment but I mostly like going to see what oddball item they have in as invariably,there will be something a little out of place.

The " we have AK-47's" sign in the window cracks me up as well.Probably not what most tourists will be expecting to see in MA.

Was there the other day and found four 1# bottles of Unique. Thought the $20.99/lb was a little high but supply and demand. Liked their "NOBAMA" sticker in the front window a whole lot.

M&M=good

Been there for ammo, shot, and other things. People are real nice for gun store people. Some places you go and man are they out there! Good prices for a local smaller store. Plus they are right down the road from me.

I did a transfer there yesterday. The rudeness of Pete and the lady there (I forget her name) was beyond the pale. They were extremely condesending to the gentleman who was buying my item as it was his first time doing a transfer. When he messed up filling out the paperwork she acted like a complete bitch about it. She actually stood there and gave him shit like he was a two year old. It was degrading. There was no one else in the store, so it was not like they were being interupted.

Pete acted like the whole thing was a complete PIA, huffing and puffing the whole time. If I haden't already promised to take care of the buyer that day I would have walked out. Regardless, I'll never go back. The cash in my pocket walked out, too. I was only going to pick up .22 ammo, but I'd rather make another trip somewhere else than to spend another penny there.

This place seems to be so erratic. You never know what mood the sales people are in. I used to like the place, but my visits the last couple years always have me on the edge of getting an ulcer. I might stop by if I am in Plymouth, pick up some items like targets, etc., but won't bother with anything that I have to ask them about.

There are other gun shops that ALWAYS treat their customers like human beings. Unfortunately, M&M is not one.

Doesn't the shop owner check this forum ?

My two cents....

I've gone there for years and so has my family. I usually get great service and today was much of the same.

Prices are what they are -- when you have market share and market presence then you can command your prices, unfortunately -- it's simple economics, I guess.

A box of .45 ball ammo for 25 bucks was a bit expensive since I'm only going to mash steel with it.

I picked up a new magazine with extension for my Kimber for 25 bucks -- look out IDPA,,,, I'm baaaack....

And a new Galco paddle holster for my Kimber for 89 bucks -- that's a fair price.

I think the thing in M&M's, and in any gun shop is to walk in there humble because they are used to cowboys coming in there and trying to verbally impress them. Sometimes they're like the rest of us and have bad days, but nine times out of ten they are what you'd expect to find at a gun shop.

I think I was in there at the same time as you Wookie, you had a rifle too?

My dad and I were looking at AR's. The shop was kinda busy and it was just Dave helping customers while Pete was doing a sale, Dave took care of my Dad and I when we were asking questions, and even handled a kid setting off the alarm on one of the safes quite well. [laugh] He took care of my ammo sale and had me one my way, happy as always, now if I could only get my dad to take the plunge on an AR...[devil]

I've stopped in there a couple of times, the staff is friendly and the selection is really great. I don't think prices are that high, they're actually kind of on-par with Four Seasons. Not too shabby, considering they're 5 min away. I know I'll be doing some business there soon.

Ordered a Savage Mark II .22LR with Accutrigger from Pete and had it in a few days. Price was excellent as usual, customer service was top notch as usual. Big selection of AR's there.
Only problem I had was witnessing an employee meltdown in front of me (not direct at me), my wife and my cousin who was visiting from NY and a few other customers . Totally uncalled for and unprofessional. My wife was shocked and I was getting pissed. Someone who works there was way out of line with someone else who works there.

I visited there recently to look at WASR-10's, which they were selling for a reasonable price. I mentioned to the salesperson that I've heard of problems with the canted sights and gas blocks to which she replied, "I've never heard of that.", looking at me as if I had 5 heads. As I proceeded to check for these issues she tells me, "That's not the gun you would be getting.", without bothering to offer me a look at the selling ones. I left it at that. Either she sincerely did not know about the quirks or she was bull****ting me. I have a pretty good feeling it was the latter. My intentions are not to bad mouth the place, but it left me feeling suspicious.

Last edited:
Stopped in there last week and bought what i wanted but it wasn't cheap.
I expect to pay top $$ in Ma for anything gun related now.[sad]
No attitudes or bs while I shopped.
They had 15-20 new car15 and ar15 type rifles on the rack at fair prices for ma.

I was at M&M today picking up a new toy (FFL transfer). Even though I wasn't buying anything from them, the staff was very friendly to me. I was mainly dealing with a shorter gentleman with a bunch of tattoos. He was quick with the paperwork and courteous.

They had a ton of at what looked like fair prices (at a glance). Some nice handguns as well, I think they had a G21 for $450 (for example) and I think they had one of those new S&W 9mm 1911.

Overall, seemed like a pretty decent shop. Of course, I think some tourists were surprised to see me walking down the street with an obvious rifle case :)

I have bought a few pieces from them and it was a wonderfull buying experiance with all of them. Pete and Dave are great guys. Wish I had more money to spend there.

Plimouth Bay Outfitters Plymouth Ma.

Plymymouth with a y or an i, no matter. What does matter is there huge selection! ar,ak, c&r & bulk ammo. Went donw last winter and again yesterday. youl feel like a kid in a candy shop. Nice area,nice people only one problem............ long ride from worcester..but worth it.

Shot @ $51 for 25 lbs?

The price of shot there is a little on the choking side but then again it's not readily available in all gun shops. Anyone buy shot reasonably at any local gunstore??????

Always have had a good experience with the M&M staff and have bought many a military surplus rifle from them, often well below the current collector pricing. Peter, Dave and Judy have always been patient and professional with transactions that I have seen.

Plymouth Bay Outfitters

I[grin] purchased 2 handguns from them and they have been great. I recently transferred a Kel Tec 2000 from Gunbroker and they were very helpful. Their prices are very competetive also(but not on ammo).

Back
Top Bottom