• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&p shield sights help

I have these new tru glo sights I want to install but don't want to mess up the old ones and also need to out in a new spring to lighten the trigger does anyone here have a sight tool I can use or help me with this endeavor I'd appreciate apprentice help I'm in boston and shoot at the braintree club

Last edited:
I bought a universal pusher in EBay, used that with some cloth and pushed both sites out and put my Tru Glos in. Take you time and they will move.

With a pusher the rear sight will come out. It's very tight but it will move. Using a punch will just make you mad at how tight its in the dovetail.

I tried the punch and don't want to kill the sights I have and the pusher seems like something I'll be upset that I bought I've seen 60-200 on those

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

M&p shield sights help

I have one you can borrow and live in Boston. I used it to change the sights on my Shield so you should be good to go.

PM me and we can figure out logistics.

Reviving this. Anyone had a sight tool that will work on a Shield? Lowell or Woburn areas. I have punches but I have a habit of dinging my new sights when I do it that way.

I got a sight pusher for my full size M&P from Midway. The MGW one. Unfortunately the front sight was so tight I ended up using a brass drift and hammer to get it out. Try as hard as I could there was some slight damage to it. Rear sight was a problem. I have heard from a few others the Shield sights are a real bear to get off.

Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 9.34.05 PM.jpg Used a punch when I swapped out my sights; rear came out fine, but the front was a bi#%h.
Bottom line if a punch is your tool you'll need a steady vice and you'll have to hit it hard.
I was not worried about the sights coming off so marks were not an issue; new sights went on easy (compared to taking the stock ones off).

Good luck

Last edited:
Is that the Fisher tool ? Do you have the XDM blocks for it? Those are supposed to work on the Shield.

Yes fisher tool. I don't have the xd blocks but was able to do my p30sk with the standard blocks. The xd blocks are recommended for hks I guess

Back
Top Bottom