• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lynn teen fatally shot while committing armed robbery

Scary situation definitely. The initial report was it was 4 armed intruders. Who knows but I do know that The robber was armed with a sawed off shotgun, the homeowner had a revolver. There is talk that the robber is a known crypt member but who knows. I'm sick of all the Facebook talk about how he was such a good kid and how wrong it is that he was gunned down. What they fail to see is that he died commuting a armed home invasion.

Friends described Blake [the dead robber] as a role model.“He was a good friend, somebody I can look up to,” said Marcus Williams, 17, when reached by phone Wednesday afternoon. “He was close to everybody, a good friend. He never had no drama with anybody.”
[rolleyes]

Cristian Sanchez, 16, described Blake as “like a father figure” who didn’t deserve to be killed.
If this guy was your father figure, you're doomed.

“He deserves to be here with his friends and family,” Sanchez said.
Nope, got what he deserved. I have never been shot and killed in self defense, because I have never committed armed robbery. Fairly straightforward.

He said that although a planned vigil asked attendees to wear a specific color, that was not because of any gang affiliation.
[rofl][rofl]

Talk about twisting it by omitting important facts. In that article there is no mention that the deceased and the 17 year old who is being held on murder charges were holding a gun to the head of the guy who shot him. If I hadn't read the previous story, I'd think that the 17 year old shot him.

Talk about twisting it by omitting important facts. In that article there is no mention that the deceased and the 17 year old who is being held on murder charges were holding a gun to the head of the guy who shot him. If I hadn't read the previous story, I'd think that the 17 year old shot him.

Wow! What could possibly be the excuse for that? I guess I have some theories....

Comments disabled, go figure....

ETA: I guess I might be able to give the reporter the benefit of the doubt here, it looks like the above article was the first one released, so maybe he didn't have all the facts yet. Here are two more from the same author:
http://www.itemlive.com/news/teen-h...cle_d2969850-c67a-11e3-b236-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.itemlive.com/news/teen-s...cle_0ef6726a-c5b4-11e3-a26f-001a4bcf887a.html

Last edited:
That's not right. He didn't commit murder.

Don't know if this is supposed to be serious or not? But if 4 guys plan to rob a bank and one stays with the car as a get away driver does he get charged as well. I mean he didn't rob the bank?

He participated and is equally responsible for his partners death. Just as if his partner shot and killed the guy he would still be charged with murder as well.

Friends described Blake [the dead robber] as a role model.“He was a good friend, somebody I can look up to,” said Marcus Williams, 17, when reached by phone Wednesday afternoon. “He was close to everybody, a good friend. He never had no drama with anybody.”

Williams said he was shocked by the news of Blake’s death and did not know what had happened.

“This was a shock to me and every one of my friends and family,” he said.

Cristian Sanchez, 16, described Blake as “like a father figure” who didn’t deserve to be killed.

He said that although a planned vigil asked attendees to wear a specific color, that was not because of any gang affiliation.

That didn't take long.
If Obama had a son......

Williams said he was shocked by the news of Blake’s death and did not know what had happened.

“This was a shock to me and every one of my friends and family,” he said.

That didn't take long.
If Obama had a son......

Gang color vigil. Piece of shit. I just wish the rest of the thugs had the walls painted with their brains.

Don't know if this is supposed to be serious or not? But if 4 guys plan to rob a bank and one stays with the car as a get away driver does he get charged as well. I mean he didn't rob the bank?

He participated and is equally responsible for his partners death. Just as if his partner shot and killed the guy he would still be charged with murder as well.

Quite serious. What you described is accessory to a planned crime. This guy defended himself, and rightfully so, but this kid gets hit with a murder charge for a crime that not only he did not commit... But was not a crime at all.

Your example holds only if they intended to kill the guy and both conspired to do so and they succeeded.

The Felony Murder rule is well established in both statute and common law. His example holds because it is what the law requires. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong. If you want to change it, go to law school, become a judge, get appointed the the Supreme Judicial Court and convince the other judges to overturn well established principle.

Good luck.

Quite serious. What you described is accessory to a planned crime. This guy defended himself, and rightfully so, but this kid gets hit with a murder charge for a crime that not only he did not commit... But was not a crime at all.

Your example holds only if they intended to kill the guy and both conspired to do so and they succeeded.

The prosecutor will use this felony murder as leverage for a guilty plea on a robbery charge or something less. Good luck getting a jury (in Massachusetts) to unanimously convict him on a felony murder charge. Hopefully they through the book at him and make an example out of him.

The Felony Murder rule is well established in both statute and common law. His example holds because it is what the law requires. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong. If you want to change it, go to law school, become a judge, get appointed the the Supreme Judicial Court and convince the other judges to overturn well established principle.

Good luck.

I will say this though... felony murder would be a lot easier to convict on this guy if the circumstances were better, unless there's something about this incident we're not being told (which is a lot). It'd be different if they were both armed, the "accused" was the one who initated the robbery, and the victim shot both of them and this guy lived and the other guy didn't. It also seems to "work a lot better" when the guy who got murdered isn't a scumbag. Say for example a guy tries suicide by cop, gets into a gunfight with cops, cops shoot him and incapacitate him but a shoot through kills a bystander; you bet your ass they'll hang the initiator for the death of the bystander.

-Mike

To be honest I kinda doubt this kid is going to get felony murder because the dead guy is a dirtbag. However, if say the defender shot through the BG and it killed an innocent, that criminal who played a role in starting the whole thing should hang for it. That's the whole point of that rule- to make criminals criminally responsible in a court of law for indirect outcomes of their actions that would not have occurred had they not committed the crime.

-Mike

To be honest I kinda doubt this kid is going to get felony murder because the dead guy is a dirtbag. However, if say the defender shot through the BG and it killed an innocent, that criminal who played a role in starting the whole thing should hang for it. That's the whole point of that rule- to make criminals criminally responsible in a court of law for indirect outcomes of their actions that would not have occurred had they not committed the crime.

-Mike

great example

I like how the article describes it... the 'alleged victim'. Give me a f****** break:/ any news on charges or ltc issues for victim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom