• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lyman Tufnut media

wjsmall97

NES Member
I was running some brass in a Lyman turbo 1200 tumbler with Lyman Tufnut media and when I took them out the inside was covered in the red dust from the media. I was wondering what I can do to prevent this,cause now I have to clean this out of the cases

that would be the polishing compound i'm guessing that the media is treated with. i use lyman untreated media.

I was running some brass in a Lyman turbo 1200 tumbler with Lyman Tufnut media and when I took them out the inside was covered in the red dust from the media. I was wondering what I can do to prevent this,cause now I have to clean this out of the cases

If you ever figure it out, let me know ;-)

I ditched this media for that very reason. Red dust everywhere.

I now buy the crushed walnut media at Harbor freight and treat it with mineral spirits and nu-finish car wash polish. Gets the job done.

Clint Sale in MA has the best media. Grit O Cob
It’s about $50 by the time you get a 50 pound bag shipped to you but at $1 a pound it’s s steal.

Super nice media with very very low dust.

You can add cut up laundry dryer sheets to your media to help pick up the fine dust. They load up with dust and are disposed with every batch. Add a couple new ones per batch and you’re good to go.

I had some of the red Lyman stuff and just tossed it with the rest of my grit o cob. What a mess.
I won’t be doing that again.

Maybe we should do a tumbling media group buy?

Clint Sale in MA has the best media. Grit O Cob
It’s about $50 by the time you get a 50 pound bag shipped to you but at $1 a pound it’s s steal.

Super nice media with very very low dust.

You can add cut up laundry dryer sheets to your media to help pick up the fine dust. They load up with dust and are disposed with every batch. Add a couple new ones per batch and you’re good to go.

I had some of the red Lyman stuff and just tossed it with the rest of my grit o cob. What a mess.
I won’t be doing that again.

Maybe we should do a tumbling media group buy?

If there is a Group Buy of walnut or other media at Clint Sales please let me know - Inventory is low at the moment but a bulk purchase can be arranged for future distribution. Special pricing for NES members involved will be honored - Green or not. Please select a grit size - The manufacturer (Not Clint Sales who is a distributor) has had some problems with delivery. I post this so you are aware of things. If a Group Buy is authorized, per board rules, I'm sure Clint Sales will be friendly too.

Keep in mind Clint Sales does not hold a membership here but is very friendly to the community.

Michael J - Ask about "Pallet pricing" - If NES buys a whole skid, there's a price point. If less than a whole skid, then the price is higher...

Back
Top Bottom