• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lyman Customer Service

The Anchor

NES Member
about 18 months ago i picked up a turbo 6000 ultra sonic cleaner. tried it to clean brass at first, then I used it to clean handguns. found a solid and cheap recipe for "Ed's Red" and it became my go too method for cleaning them. about 10 months of use with ed's red, and i noticed a seeping coming from under the plastic. eventually it became a pretty good leak, and i assume the acetone had eaten away at some plastic bits under the plastic body. i tried to take the body apart but could not see how to dis-assemble it without breaking it. as a last resort i reached out to Lyman, to see how to take it apart and to see if they could send me parts for me to repair since it was past the year warranty. customer service contacted me with one day via email, and stated that it is not serviceable by me, but if i send it in they can probably fix it. 6 months later, i finally have a box big enough to ship it, and send it off, hoping its a quick fix and turnaround. today to my surprise, 3 weeks later, a brand new unit shows up at the door. Fantastic customer service!

nice. they do charge a premium upfront for re-branded products though.

i never added acetone. nor lanolin. just dex3 atf, kerosene & mineral spirits.
i have since switched to simple green+water, per bob dunlap.

Back
Top Bottom