Lyft driver says she fought off two attackers only to be fired from her job

Is anyone still Lyfting??? What about Zoobering??? Their bottom lines sucked ass BEFORE the pandemic. Wouldn't want to be there now.

Unfortunately for her, she can't be fired because she was never an employee. She was an independent contractor whose services were rendered void. Basically means the company does not have to give any valid reason for de-registering her from their dispatch system.

There are 3 players in this new world.

UberLyft
Drivers
Customers.

You can't make all 3 happy.

If you piss off the customer in this very new space, they don't use your service and you're bankrupt.

If you piss off the drivers, for a time they'll still drive. But eventually you get the mathically-challenged ones only and you're F'd. You go bankrupt.

SO. . . . the loser HAS to be UberLyft. I can't imagine they are making tons of $ off of Zoobereats. The cost to taxi my food to me is much less than what it costs to taxi me to my food. Thinkaboudit!

There are 3 players in this new world.

UberLyft
Drivers
Customers.

You can't make all 3 happy.

If you piss off the customer in this very new space, they don't use your service and you're bankrupt.

If you piss off the drivers, for a time they'll still drive. But eventually you get the mathically-challenged ones only and you're F'd. You go bankrupt.

SO. . . . the loser HAS to be UberLyft. I can't imagine they are making tons of $ off of Zoobereats. The cost to taxi my food to me is much less than what it costs to taxi me to my food. Thinkaboudit!
Perhaps its a long game which will become more profitable once self driving cars are accepted by society

Perhaps its a long game which will become more profitable once self driving cars are accepted by society
Oh no question. But they keep selling stock to fund losses. So at some point, they may be too dilluted to matter.

Just remember folks, the carjacking's not over
until you get your ass fired by running your mouth
about the employer-forbidden gun that you didn't even shoot.

Is this what passes for "street smarts" nowadays?
I think that mostly went away, when people started taking pictures of their dinner, and posting them for others to see.

Everything in everyone's life is "interesting" and the thought of not telling the world the minutia of your day-to-day existence is long gone.

I think that mostly went away, when people started taking pictures of their dinner, and posting them for others to see.

Everything in everyone's life is "interesting" and the thought of not telling the world the minutia of your day-to-day existence is long gone.
It occurs to me now that she'da been a whole boatload better off
taking a happy selfie with the muggers and posting it to teh Faceplants
when she picked them up.

Really takes the starch out of most cunning robbery plans
when your mugshot is taken before the crime.

Back
Top Bottom