• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LV shooting - small world

Small world - this guys girlfriend is a well known name in competition shooting circles and last I heard represents Glock.

Almost certainly a dupe - mods please merge if so.

Last edited:
He probably had the mag empty before the enemy hit the ground. His 4 second estimate of the time sounds about right for .20 - .25 splits with draw and target acquisition, especially if his carry gun had a red dot like in the videos of him shooting. I'm surprised his girlfriend who is a quite capable shooter was an NPC in the gunfight.

MA, FL and UT permits are currently valid in NV: https://rccd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsd.nv.gov/content/FeesForms/Brady/CCW page 1(3 Feb 20).pdf (visions of fanning out all three if challenged and saying "pick a card, any card" come to mind).

Last edited:
This is now my favorite self defense story. My now second-place story is the guy in Providence who tried to hold up a couple with a knife. She was a second-degree blackbelt and her boyfriend/instructor was was a seventh-degree blackbelt.

He probably had the mag empty before the enemy hit the ground. His 4 second estimate of the time sounds about right for .20 - .25 splits with draw and target acquisition, especially if his carry gun had a red dot like in the videos of him shooting. I'm surprised his girlfriend who is a quite capable shooter was an NPC in the gunfight.

MA, FL and UT permits are currently valid in NV: https://rccd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsd.nv.gov/content/FeesForms/Brady/CCW page 1(3 Feb 20).pdf (visions of fanning out all three if challenged and saying "pick a card, any card" come to mind).
I read something yesterday where he was at some sort of "competition" of people like himself that are fanatical at training, but not competition shooters. he was able to draw, and put 4 shots on target within 1 second.

Went -5 for missing a round on the stage, still made 1st place.
Only if the stage required 11 hits, but of course, there is the extra shot penalty if Virginia Count specifying 10 rounds. Best of all, no hits on noshoots.

The most unbelievable thing is that it was clear enough that he can talk about it before waiting out the civil suit statute of limitations. Interesting how the brother was asking "don't charge the shooter" (as in, "I'm not the bad guy, I was walking with my brother who had a drawn gun because he's my kin and had the hoodie bundled up around my face to protect myself from that vicious Las Vegas cold")

I read something yesterday where he was at some sort of "competition" of people like himself that are fanatical at training, but not competition shooters. he was able to draw, and put 4 shots on target within 1 second.
That would be very impressive. If he had 0.20 splits, it would mean .6 seconds for the shots and .4 seconds to reach for the gun, draw, present on target, and start firing. Most people who have never trained with a timer don't appreciate how much time even a highly competent shooter burns up on the draw and presentation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom