Ludwig Wilhelm Seecamp

I wish I had taken pics of the Seecamp-modified 1911 I once saw at deli ticket emporium ages ago. It was this weird hybrid DA/SA thing, I think you could even choose the mode it operated in or some shit. Those things are rare as hell.
Is this it? I also heard they are really expensive.
6D322670-1E3A-4491-B46D-72009CC07B59.jpeg8D0795EE-99C3-4713-8AF0-7A4A572F45F4.jpeg73C8EF5F-6632-4A42-A43C-19B11D273F12.jpeg

Now I want one!
I never gave them much thought until the ammo shortage. My thinking after I got rid of my bodyguard was that I wanted a Beretta Tomcat in .32 because .32 wasn’t a popular caliber and it was readily available. I saw the tomcat at Shooters outpost but they aren’t Ma. compliant. The Seecamp was and when I held one it was pure love.

Back in 1987 or so I almost bought a Seecamp in .32 from a gun shop in Stratford, CT. I handled it a few times, and ended up buying a Colt Mustang in .380.

These are wonderful pictures and stories; thank you for sharing.

When I had an FFL in the mid 90's, I ordered 4 Seecamps and was told I would be notified shortly before my order would be shipped. Approximately 18 months later, I received them. Dealer price was $325.

I kept 1 and sold the other 3. I still have it and will not sell it, but do not carry it anymore although I did entertain the idea when the BLM/antifa riots started, as a backup to my P365.

Edit: Great info and pics, thank you for posting!

When I had an FFL in the mid 90's, I ordered 4 Seecamps and was told I would be notified shortly before my order would be shipped. Approximately 18 months later, I received them. Dealer price was $325.

I kept 1 and sold the other 3. I still have it and will not sell it, but do not carry it anymore although I did entertain the idea when the BLM/antifa riots started, as a backup to my P365.
They say the Milford ones are made better. I’m not sure about that but I know people look for the Milford made ones over the Southwick. Prices now are $510.00. You can find them for less.

They say the Milford ones are made better. I’m not sure about that but I know people look for the Milford made ones over the Southwick. Prices now are $510.00. You can find them for less.

Dealer price is $510 or retail? If retail is $510, that's only $10 more than they were 25 years ago. Mine were Milford guns, I never had a problem with mine.

I've got a couple holsters for mine. The one I use the most is the Hedley I posted above. I'll have to dig the others out maybe it's time to let some go.

Larry Seecamp like his Father stood behind their guns rather than in front of them. If ever a problem they would take them back and make it right.

Not sure how the new owners are quality wise.

I've got a couple holsters for mine. The one I use the most is the Hedley I posted above. I'll have to dig the others out maybe it's time to let some go.

Larry Seecamp like his Father stood behind their guns rather than in front of them. If ever a problem they would take them back and make it right.

Not sure how the new owners are quality wise.
I was never a huge fan of the gun but there customer service was absolutely impeccable. When I broke my seecamp they fixed it in a week and basically sent me an entire new box manual and an extra spring.... nobody can say they didn't take care of their customers.

Dealer price is $510 or retail? If retail is $510, that's only $10 more than they were 25 years ago. Mine were Milford guns, I never had a problem with mine.
Retail. I actually paid 518 for mine. Yes Milford guns were just fine. Southwick guns are good also. I think people liked the Milford guns

So Seecamps are quality guns? I never gave them much thought, likely due to the caliber, but it sounds like I've been missing out.
Definitely quality. They make a .380 also but I like the .32. No sites so it’s a close quarters type of gun. One of the things I like is you can take it completely apart to clean it. You can also buy any of the internal parts fairly inexpensive. You should check them out.
I also won a Kusiak holster a while back. They made me a Seecamp as I had one already for my other carry. That makes 2 IWB and 2 pocket. I really only use the pocket holsters for it but you never know. I love the Mitch Rosen. You can smell the leather from across the room. I also just ordered a Bear Creek pocket magazine slip. They are $30.00 on the Seecamp site, and $20.00 direct from bearcreekholsters.com. Shipping is cheaper also. It looks a lot like your Hedley slip.
88EB2AEE-928A-48E2-9104-9B1D470A24B2.jpegE86178C6-7CF6-415E-A1AF-CAED53301163.jpeg0B03F3F6-B7E7-443F-993E-E43593FB584C.jpeg51506691-7D73-4566-A2EB-970E94421C3B.jpegB621B3B9-2BFF-4D18-990C-AA087C5C046B.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep. No sights means "Minute of Belly Button" accuracy...

Back then they were over a grand weren’t they?
Not where I shopped. You would have to wait but, mine was right under $600... (2005)

Edit: Wiki says they were up as high as $2,000 in the height of the demand.

Last edited:
Don't tell anyone I gave this to you...
1609545488162.png
Where do I send the marked-up copy after I get done proofreading it?
(One of my few much lesser claims to fame is that
I showed epic space fan Henry Spencer how to send CW
from an Apollo CM (and maybe a Mercury spacecraft;
not sure if I found that at the time)
).

Back
Top Bottom