Lucky my brother carries.

I was taking to my brother who has had his LTC-A with no restrictions for about 7 years now. And he was telling me how just last week him and his wife went out on a date night in Boston around the china town area. And afterwards while they were walking to where they had parked their car, it was a dark area and seemed like no one was around. But almost out of nowhere these four guys came out of the shadows and walked right by my brother and his wife and as they passed they gave my brother a weird stare as if they were sizing him up and my brother stared them back as they past not to be surprised. Where me and my brother were raised we learned to always keep looking behind you every couple of seconds just to be sure you're not gonna get jumped. So my brother whos very street smart took another look back shortly after they passed and heard one of them wisper loudly to another something like "F'it lets do it" and they all turned around and started to follow my brother and his wife but almost instantly my brother lifted up the back of his shirt to clearly show his Glock 22 and they quickly turned back around and started walking away in a hurry. My brother said that he was sure if he had not been carrying that he and his wife would have been attacked for sure. So I thought it was a good story to share here with everyone, and remember be safe out there and carry on.

Like any cop, unfortunately all that did was delay the inevitable, the crime will still happen later to someone else. Although in this state it is and you would be better off being the actual criminal, since they would later deem them the victim!

Charles.

Your brother should probably get rid of that gun, statistics show he is more likely to use that on his wife in a domestic violence incident. Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

46 times more likely. I think I read that in the Bible.

Yup, I can also tell this story is a fake because in real life those four guys would have taken that gun and used it against him.

What I find funny, or maybe sad, is I've seen/heard several times people say, when referring to an incident where someone got mugged/jumped/whatever, "gosh, I just don't know if having a gun in that situation would have helped???" (Rep. Gordon did this exact thing at the Bedford forum) Its usually used as an argument of why carrying a gun is pointless. Well congratulations for not knowing anything. Obviously by the time someone has a knife to your chest its a crapshoot if drawing a gun is going to help. I think if you're the type to wonder if a gun would help in some situation, then chances are you also don't have the proper mindset to be alert enough to avoid the situation altogether by acting before someone is right in your face.

This is a perfect story of how a gun prevented violence.

I was taking to my brother who has had his LTC-A with no restrictions for about 7 years now. And he was telling me how just last week him and his wife went out on a date night in Boston around the china town area. And afterwards while they were walking to where they had parked their car, it was a dark area and seemed like no one was around. But almost out of nowhere these four guys came out of the shadows and walked right by my brother and his wife and as they passed they gave my brother a weird stare as if they were sizing him up and my brother stared them back as they past not to be surprised. Where me and my brother were raised we learned to always keep looking behind you every couple of seconds just to be sure you're not gonna get jumped. So my brother whos very street smart took another look back shortly after they passed and heard one of them wisper loudly to another something like "F'it lets do it" and they all turned around and started to follow my brother and his wife but almost instantly my brother lifted up the back of his shirt to clearly show his Glock 22 and they quickly turned back around and started walking away in a hurry. My brother said that he was sure if he had not been carrying that he and his wife would have been attacked for sure. So I thought it was a good story to share here with everyone, and remember be safe out there and carry on.

Sarcasm (It's Boston after all and according to Mumbles people don't need to pack there)[sad]

I thought you had to be on the Patriots to get a Glock in this state. [grenade]

Just picked up a brand new gen 3 G19... and I'm no pro football player. I did sleep at a Holiday Inn express once though.[rofl]

The moronic part of this story is that according to the BS laws in this state, the guy trying to protect himself and his wife was flashing, and would probably be prosecuted as such if LEO and the AG got involved.

The moronic part of this story is that according to the BS laws in this state, the guy trying to protect himself and his wife was flashing, and would probably be prosecuted as such if LEO and the AG got involved.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'd bet if the douchebags called the cops and said, "He flashed his gun at us! We were so scared!" that his brother would be in jail right now. So messed up.

The saddest part of this story? That douchebags 1-3 will live to jump someone else.

Good on your brother for a variety reasons, but lets face facts here...

night in Boston around the china town area

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. That was called the combat zone once upon a time, some real estate development hasn't changed it all that much. He needs to smarten up and not find reasons to be in these areas.

Glad they're okay. Boston is a shithole. I was just having a conversation with a lady friend who's partying at clubs in Boston. I'm like, not even my knife is legal there [rofl]. What a joke. Stay safe everyone.

Nice... I enjoy stories like these greatly! Unfortunatly I don't get to carry as often as I'd like as I must cross state lines! :-/ but these stories remind me why it's best to do it as often as you can! And carry a real gun not no sissy thing as you never know how many attackers you'll have!

Good on your brother for a variety reasons, but lets face facts here...

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. That was called the combat zone once upon a time, some real estate development hasn't changed it all that much. He needs to smarten up and not find reasons to be in these areas.

Lol..true he probably should have not been around that area at night, but we grew up in the bad part of lawrence so china town is like a nice area to us lol. Our parents raised us right so we got out of that hell hole of a city long ago and made good lives for our selves, but it still takes a lot to scare us. Not saying that's a good excuse and we certainly don't go looking for trouble just how it is :)

I think this is a pretty bad idea.

On the surface, nowhere in this country is it legal to brandish a firearm to someone for saying "lets do it". Saying "lets do it" is not a crime. Then factor in we're in MA where you have a duty to retreat. Its just a bad idea.

People see brandishing for what it is- a macho challenge. "see what i got? you really want to mess with me?". Thats what it is. If you have to shoot someone and get to court you're going to look like an aggressive *******, that contributed to the problem. Forget possible criminal charges, you'll go broke just defending yourself from wrongful death- win or lose.

Me, i'd beat feet. Perhaps indicate verbally to them that i feel threatened, "hey guys i dont want any trouble, please don't follow us" or whatever, before beating feat. I know it's not macho and cool, but that's the right thing to do. If said BG's ignore you or threaten you, and beat feet after you then i'd feel pretty comfortable (legally a morally) pulling on them if i had to. Later in a civil court (and perhaps criminal) i could explain that i did everything i could possibly do to diffuse and avoid the situation.

Look at it from a different perspective even- what if its a misunderstanding? What if they were talking about something else and had a legitimate (lawful) reason to turn around and walk the same direction as said person? All they said was "lets do it". If the person you misunderstood is a fellow CCW'r he'd be within his legal rights to draw on you, then you draw, and its a shootout that you unlawfully started. Youre looking at mucho jail time and probably going broke too.

I mean seriously, if all they say is "lets do it", even if those guys are planning on raping and killing both of you, if you avoid criminal charges, BG's family is still going to sue you for wrongful death and say he was a good kid that forgot his contact lens solution, or something, that they were turning around to go back to the store and get it when some stranger pulled a gun on them for no reason...

I just think brandishing is always a bad idea, especially in Mass.... If you're carrying the trump card, dont play it in the middle of the hand. If you show someone you're carrying, let them be looking down the barrel- hold 'em or fold 'em, game over.

On the surface, nowhere in this country is it legal to brandish a firearm to someone for saying "lets do it". Saying "lets do it" is not a crime. Then factor in we're in MA where you have a duty to retreat. Its just a bad idea.

People see brandishing for what it is- a macho challenge. "see what i got? you really want to mess with me?". Thats what it is. If you have to shoot someone and get to court you're going to look like an aggressive *******, that contributed to the problem. Forget possible criminal charges, you'll go broke just defending yourself from wrongful death- win or lose.

Me, i'd beat feet. Perhaps indicate verbally to them that i feel threatened, "hey guys i dont want any trouble, please don't follow us" or whatever, before beating feat. I know it's not macho and cool, but that's the right thing to do. If said BG's ignore you or threaten you, and beat feet after you then i'd feel pretty comfortable (legally a morally) pulling on them if i had to. Later in a civil court (and perhaps criminal) i could explain that i did everything i could possibly do to diffuse and avoid the situation.

Look at it from a different perspective even- what if its a misunderstanding? What if they were talking about something else and had a legitimate (lawful) reason to turn around and walk the same direction as said person? All they said was "lets do it". If the person you misunderstood is a fellow CCW'r he'd be within his legal rights to draw on you, then you draw, and its a shootout that you unlawfully started. Youre looking at mucho jail time and probably going broke too.

I mean seriously, if all they say is "lets do it", even if those guys are planning on raping and killing both of you, if you avoid criminal charges, BG's family is still going to sue you for wrongful death and say he was a good kid that forgot his contact lens solution, or something, that they were turning around to go back to the store and get it when some stranger pulled a gun on them for no reason...

I just think brandishing is always a bad idea, especially in Mass.... If you're carrying the trump card, dont play it in the middle of the hand. If you show someone you're carrying, let them be looking down the barrel- hold 'em or fold 'em, game over.

If I have learned anything in my many years it is that you should never judge another if you haven't "worn his shoes". Theoretically you may be correct, but at the moment of truth there is not much time to react and the " fight or flight" factor kicks in rather quickly and your adrenaline surges. Do you really think they would have outrun them? Perhaps he should have waited till they were upon them to see if their intent was evil, but of course that would be way too late to react. The fact that he was with his wife drastically changes his thinking as to his level of protection as I believe most of us are more protective of our families than we are of ourselves. Brandishing may be illegal, and many times is definitely the wrong thing to do, but not this time, IMO. He may have broken a "law" but thank God he is here to tell us the story! In a possible life or death scenario if you start worrying about which law you might break, you are probably not going to survive.

If I have learned anything in my many years it is that you should never judge another if you haven't "worn his shoes". Theoretically you may be correct, but at the moment of truth there is not much time to react and the " fight or flight" factor kicks in rather quickly and your adrenaline surges. Do you really think they would have outrun them? Perhaps he should have waited till they were upon them to see if their intent was evil, but of course that would be way too late to react. The fact that he was with his wife drastically changes his thinking as to his level of protection as I believe most of us are more protective of our families than we are of ourselves. Brandishing may be illegal, and many times is definitely the wrong thing to do, but not this time, IMO. He may have broken a "law" but thank God he is here to tell us the story! In a possible life or death scenario if you start worrying about which law you might break, you are probably not going to survive.

FFS! There is no brandishing law in Ma!

Holy sh!t, you're kidding?

Surely you jest......

I am just lost for words at the moment and that doesn't happen often

Back
Top Bottom