• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lucky 13th sit

Sit Lucky number 13

Golf course stand

Nov 4th afternoon sit Rainy and 40ish

I debated not even going this evening with the hard rain but the weather channel forcast that the rain would subside around 5 pm. So I got on stand at 3, raining pretty good.

The tree I was in, the trunk bent up and over me so all the rain running down the trunk hit a knot right over my head and then proceded to drip on me like a gutter spout. My pockets filled up with water, I didnt have rain pants so I could not sit on the soaked seat.

All the time I was thinking "is this worth it?"

But the weatherchannel was right, the rain slowed down to a slow drizzle by 5.

I had two squirrels picking up acorns moving them 15 feet and burying them in the leaves. Pretty funny to watch them move the leaves till they were just perfect before they got another nut. One left and shortly after the other one bugs out and runs up a tree chirping. Something is up, he is not reacting to me. 10 minutes later I catch movement to my right. A nice doe and a yearling.

The doe walks behind a bush moving torwards a lane at 15 yards so I go to draw. I must not have got the release closed all the way because I get the bow a little ways back and all of a sudden I punch myself in the face and my arrow goes off into never never land. Fudge!!! The doe freezes and gets antsy and looks at me. I freeze.

After about 15 minutes she finally settles down and returns on the same path. Goes behind the same bush, I draw, she steps into the lane, I bleat, she stops and I send the arrow home. She dropped in sight about 40 yards away.

NOV4.jpg

Ill check her in in the morning and get a weight.

for now her inner loins are sauteeing in butter, garlic and white wine

innerloins.jpg

Back
Top Bottom