Ltd renewal

El_Guapo77

NES Member
I might be freaking out over nothing but I went to a concert in new Hampshire in july and went and a little too hard and ended up getting pc'd they kept me for awhile and let me go my renewal is coming up in March should I be worried come renewal time?

first priority is not getting to the point where you are ever PC'D again. but i'm over 60, different perspective maybe

I was PC'd once for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 30 people went in. I was held for 4 hours and released. Some time after that I thought I would play it smart and have the PC sealed. Spoke to a judges clerk, got an appointment with the judge. The clerk told me to tell the judge the story and I did. Both the clerk and judge laughed. Judge asked the clerk about my record, clerk says, nothing your honor. Judge says fine, the record is sealed.

I then asked the judge, "When filling out an application that asks if I ever had been arrested, how do I respond?"

Judge says, "A PC is not an arrest, so answer no."

IANAL, and I cannot qualify this other than whet he said.

Where you read your rights when they locked you up?

Nope

Did they place you under arrest?

Nope, no cuffs no announcement.

Sounds like you where just detained, and kept in custody for your own safety.

Nope, they were looking for a 3 man burglar crew at a motel bar and a fight in the corridor. Took in the whole bar as PC until they sorted out who was who.

Where you read your rights when they locked you up? Did they place you under arrest? Sounds like you where just detained, and kept in custody for your own safety.
TV is a bad influence when it comes to law.

You only have to have your rights read to you if they are questioning you, so things like OUI don't always indicate a need to read one their rights.

You don't have to be arrested and locked up. You can be given a criminal citation and a date to show up at court. This counts the same as arrest and handcuffs.

PC is not an arrest and thus not entered into the system. This said, if the PC was done by the same PD you are applying to for your LTC, best to disclose it as their in-house computer system will spit it out.

where you arraigned in court and convicted of any charges associated with the arrest?

I was not charged with anything, thus no arraignment, no court and obviously no conviction. My local COPD was a friend and after running a background check for a sensitive position associated with the PD, he asked me what the PC was for. Obviously a COPD can get into the sealed records and see what the charge was. I smiled and told him the story and he laughed. I've never answered yes on any application that asks if I have ever been arrested. None have ever caused any problem.

You only have to have your rights read to you if they are questioning you

I've been questioned on numerous occasions and never had my rights read to me.

TV is a bad influence when it comes to law.

You only have to have your rights read to you if they are questioning you, so things like OUI don't always indicate a need to read one their rights.

You don't have to be arrested and locked up. You can be given a criminal citation and a date to show up at court. This counts the same as arrest and handcuffs.

PC is not an arrest and thus not entered into the system. This said, if the PC was done by the same PD you are applying to for your LTC, best to disclose it as their in-house computer system will spit it out.
I would disclose it no matter what town. Most police officers appreciate honesty....

I was PC'd once for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 30 people went in. I was held for 4 hours and released. Some time after that I thought I would play it smart and have the PC sealed. Spoke to a judges clerk, got an appointment with the judge. The clerk told me to tell the judge the story and I did. Both the clerk and judge laughed. Judge asked the clerk about my record, clerk says, nothing your honor. Judge says fine, the record is sealed.

I then asked the judge, "When filling out an application that asks if I ever had been arrested, how do I respond?"

Judge says, "A PC is not an arrest, so answer no."

IANAL, and I cannot qualify this other than whet he said.
Was it ever a question during application? Did they ask about it, reference it? I assume you got approved.

Was it ever a question during application? Did they ask about it, reference it? I assume you got approved.

I don't recall. I've been applying and renewing for over 60 years. As my dim recall can come into effect, I thought SOME state asked if you had ever been arrested, but as I say that is old memory. It could have been for a job application. So in essence my answer would be no to that question. No, nobody ever questioned anything.

Back
Top Bottom